I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Leica IIIF + Leica Summitar 5cm F2 LTM + Fuji ACROS100

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

Like but not entirely like a Fraunhofer absorption line; from a red dwarf in andromeda possibly.

Very nice Rog.

Oh, my, I had to kickstart my search engine and shift into Joseph von Fraunhofer to visit the bandwidth of astronomic spectroscopy. I love learning new stuff, so thank you for that. Yes, the very thin red “zip,” as Barnett Newman would call it, is very much an emission spectral line. Or absorption, I guess, for astronomy. Actually, I tried to build a spectroscope in high school, but my aspirations were not matched by mechanical skill. My finished product certainly qualified for honorable mention as clunky junk art. In “Beckett What Where,“ I used four images from my bunker series to mirror a kind of paranoia labyrinth, punctuated with an ambiguous but clearly demarcated single red line.

Cheers,

Rog

• Like 2

Another uncropped pano from the Manhattan Bridge, NYC. (last Sunday morning)    :wub:

This one was a really bitch to frame b/c the in order to include the entire curve of the base in the frame I had to lower the camera to about 3 feet from the ground.  In order to see through the ground glass and get a precise framing I had to lay on my back on the pavement, which was saturated with dog urine and who knows what else.  No matter; I sucked it up and got a nice ab workout in the process :)

Tmax 100 -  6x17

Technorama 617s iii, 90mm Schneider Super Angulon XL 

attachicon.gifupward view2.jpg

Very cool! It must be hard to control symmetry with such a camera!

• Like 1

R6 with 90 Summicron R

Ektar 100

Gary

• Like 18

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Very impressive Adam! I like the geometry and the blacks. A making of photo could be funny. Do you use for framing a ground glass in combination with the separate view finder?

Another uncropped pano from the Manhattan Bridge, NYC. (last Sunday morning) :wub:

This one was a really bitch to frame b/c the in order to include the entire curve of the base in the frame I had to lower the camera to about 3 feet from the ground. In order to see through the ground glass and get a precise framing I had to lay on my back on the pavement, which was saturated with dog urine and who knows what else. No matter; I sucked it up and got a nice ab workout in the process :)

Tmax 100 - 6x17

Technorama 617s iii, 90mm Schneider Super Angulon XL

upward view2.jpg

• Like 1

During summer 2017 I bought some rolls of Cinestill 800T because there was a good deal, I never touched them and they expired on May 2018. Last week I shot one of them. 

I shot the roll at iso 500 in different light conditions: sunny day with 85B filter, open shade with and without filter, night, night with flash. The results are kind of confusing for me, but it is also true that this is the second time I develop color and I personally find scanning color negative hard. 

Here's a couple of frames which look decent. They're from the annual celebration of the Virgin Mary protector of the town.

PS The negatives are scanned with a digital camera and inverted in PS with an action I found online and white balanced in LR.

M6, Summicron 35 asph, Cinestill 800T

30985559598_fcaed2704d_b.jpg

20180923-DSC01252 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

44137128574_2fd20f185d_b.jpg

20180923-DSC01248_1 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Like 15

Lissabon

(Portugal)

Plaubel Makina 67 * Nikkor 2.8/80 * Ilford FP4 Plus * Adox FX-39 (1) * Reflecta MF 5000

• Like 16

UNESCO World Heritage "Zeche Zollverein" Essen/ Germany

Leica R6 - Elmarit-R 2,8/28 - FP4+

Foca RF, Oplar 6.3/28, Kodak 400 (Drug store variety)

• Like 17

Many thanks, Gentlemen !

I probably used the external viewfinder to initially select the composition. But squeezing every but of the curved based in the frame was 100% due to the ground glass. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the negative captured exactly what i saw in the GG - guess that’s the way it should be!!

Very cool! It must be hard to control symmetry with such a camera!

Very impressive Adam! I like the geometry and the blacks. A making of photo could be funny. Do you use for framing a ground glass in combination with the separate view finder?

• Like 2

During summer 2017 I bought some rolls of Cinestill 800T because there was a good deal, I never touched them and they expired on May 2018. Last week I shot one of them.

I shot the roll at iso 500 in different light conditions: sunny day with 85B filter, open shade with and without filter, night, night with flash. The results are kind of confusing for me, but it is also true that this is the second time I develop color and I personally find scanning color negative hard.

Here's a couple of frames which look decent. They're from the annual celebration of the Virgin Mary protector of the town.

PS The negatives are scanned with a digital camera and inverted in PS with an action I found online and white balanced in LR.

M6, Summicron 35 asph, Cinestill 800T

30985559598_fcaed2704d_b.jpg

20180923-DSC01252 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

44137128574_2fd20f185d_b.jpg

20180923-DSC01248_1 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Tungsten film should be shot in incandescent lighting. Since incandescent bulbs have been mostly replaced by the much more economic LED, and even banned in Western Europe, there is no point in shooting tungsten film. Daylight film reacts much better to LED and fluorescent lights.

• Like 5

Tungsten film should be shot in incandescent lighting. Since incandescent bulbs have been mostly replaced by the much more economic LED, and even banned in Western Europe, there is no point in shooting tungsten film. Daylight film reacts much better to LED and fluorescent lights.

I didn't really think of that and I bought them more for the hype than anything else. The rolls are expensive, so I doubt I'll buy more once I'm done.

I like the colors at sunset (but I guess that's true for any kind of film ... )

43053816370_fa6ab12fb3_b.jpg

20180923-DSC01233 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

44865324631_52f5f3280c_b.jpg

20180923-DSC01238 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Like 18