Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Thanks, Rog!  I am finding this series an interesting comparative journey amongst three film stocks and workflows.  Side by side, the differences are striking and - to me - equally enjoyable.

Oh, yes! The IIIg loaded with ADOX, most appropriately, to give us that 1950’s look! So artistically on point. Now, if only your street model could give us the recombinant DNA key to reproduce ADOX like rabbits! Good show, Adam. This series is oddly so energized and poignant at the same time. Love your controlled shallow DOF in many of your shots. And the verticals are vertical. So subliminal.

Rob and Lookbook - Thanks for your opinions and perspectives!!

The building architect should listen to you. The average height of American women is 64 inches, while the average height for American men is 69 inches, so let’s call it a reasonable average of 66 inches, though slightly less when we are talking about “eye level.“ The center of the 72-inch photograph should be hung for viewing at eye level. This means that the bottom of your hung photograph should be 30 inches from the floor, not 36 inches as it appears in your installation photograph, so you are correct in calling for the installation to be 6 inches lower. The architect chose 36 inches because the marble (baseboard) is about 18 inches high, so the architect simply doubled the distance of 18 inches to determine the bottom of the installed photograph, giving an “architecturally balanced look.” The architect may have been persuaded by the height of the marble banister possibly obstructing the view of your photograph as it is approached from the left, giving visitors the best approach view from that side. Whatever! It is an awesome work of photographic art and you can be justly proud of the validation. Next, the architect needs to validate an A. Miller blur, exhibited to be viewed at a distance and up close.

.. if it was an exhibition, we could think about your arguments ..
In this case here, I prefer the solution of the architect ..

I'm just back from holiday and this pretty well sums up the trip, lagging behind my family, pausing every so often to snap a photo. I've received 11 rolls of color back from the lab and shipped off 17 rolls of B&W to Ilford US, that's a lot of film for me to shoot in 2 weeks time!

Burano Italy - June 2018

Ektar - Summicron 50 - M6

I can relate, I have many photos of the back of my family as they roam off. 

I can relate, I have many photos of the back of my family as they roam off. 

Me too, and more to come, we are in Europe in a bit over a month, yipppeeee.

Going to Burano too Sunny16.

Gary

One last one from the XP2 in the Trip 35:

Be warned: I have some Fuji Superia in it now....

Trusting rodent Chris, that close with the Trip, wow.

Look forward to the Superia.

Gary

Me too, and more to come, we are in Europe in a bit over a month, yipppeeee.

Going to Burano too Sunny16.

Gary

Enjoy, Gary! I spent some time in Cinque Terre as well, and enjoyed your photos from there. Cheers.

Enjoy, Gary! I spent some time in Cinque Terre as well, and enjoyed your photos from there. Cheers.

Look forward to the villages shots then, where did you stay?

I understand the grass is always greener theory, but man parts of where you have been recently, well they are beautiful.

Gary

Look forward to the villages shots then, where did you stay?

I understand the grass is always greener theory, but man parts of where you have been recently, well they are beautiful.

Gary

Incredibly beautiful! We stayed in La Spezia and did a long day trip starting in Manrola, taking the train to Riomaggiore (shame the path is still closed), and hired a small boat to take us to Monterossa. 20 years ago my wife and I backpacked through the Europe and stayed in Riomaggiore for 4 nights. It was a lot sleepier back then! Yes, I'll post some village shots soon ...

Incredibly beautiful! We stayed in La Spezia and did a long day trip starting in Manrola, taking the train to Riomaggiore (shame the path is still closed), and hired a small boat to take us to Monterossa. 20 years ago my wife and I backpacked through the Europe and stayed in Riomaggiore for 4 nights. It was a lot sleepier back then! Yes, I'll post some village shots soon ...

I camped in La Spezia in 1987, I'm sure things have changed a lot since then but I had a wonderful time, I intend returning one day.

I camped in La Spezia in 1987, I'm sure things have changed a lot since then but I had a wonderful time, I intend returning one day.

Thoroughly recommended Mike.

Gary