I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi! I would like to join in on this forum, but I. cannot work out how to create an entry and include photos.  I have had an M8 for several years and I purchased a 1935 Leica II at auction which turned out to need complete renovation.  I have just put the first B&W film through the camera and it appears to be working well.  

Advice on how to join in would be appreciated.

Best regards

Dennis Simpson

Welcome, Dennis!  If you still are having issues posting just let us know!

Welcome Dennis! The Leica II is a true joy of a camera. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

br

Philip

Hi! I would like to join in on this forum, but I. cannot work out how to create an entry and include photos.  I have had an M8 for several years and I purchased a 1935 Leica II at auction which turned out to need complete renovation.  I have just put the first B&W film through the camera and it appears to be working well.  

Advice on how to join in would be appreciated.

Best regards

Dennis Simpson

Paris

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 18

Poet, musician, gentleman

• Like 19

Advertisement (gone after registration)

:)

Portra 400

• Like 14

Some Adox for Rog :)

IIIg, 50 elmar

• Like 11

One of my pieces from my recent exhibit has found its way to the lobby the office building at 276 Fifth Avenue in NYC.  It is 72"x48" and looks stunning!   :)  Please stop by and let them know how great it looks and how they need more like this in the lobby if you are in the neighborhood!  I am working on that myself! :)

NB: I think the photo is hung about 6" too high but the architect of the building who is leading the renovation didn't listen to me  :angry:

"6 inches", you say. No wonder the architect didn't listen (I'm guessing a female architect at that), They know too well the exaggeration of (some) photographers boasting about the size of their equipment, especially the telephoto.
  • Like 2

One of my pieces from my recent exhibit has found its way to the lobby the office building at 276 Fifth Avenue in NYC.  It is 72"x48" and looks stunning!   :)  Please stop by and let them know how great it looks and how they need more like this in the lobby if you are in the neighborhood!  I am working on that myself! :)

NB: I think the photo is hung about 6" too high but the architect of the building who is leading the renovation didn't listen to me  :angry:

.. in the given frame, your picture hangs well as I think ..

but you're right, mr. miller -

there should be more photos of you there - or mine !! :)

• Like 2

As far as I can tell, seen here first: Tmax3200 in Minox subminiature.

My favorite model working on performance of "sit." I expressed that we need to work on level of enthusiasm shown. She will get there.

Shot at dawn @ 1600.

Warming up for Keb Mo/Taj Mahjal concert in August.

Minox B

• Like 18

Some Adox for Rog :)

IIIg, 50 elmar

Oh, yes! The IIIg loaded with ADOX, most appropriately, to give us that 1950’s look! So artistically on point. Now, if only your street model could give us the recombinant DNA key to reproduce ADOX like rabbits! Good show, Adam. This series is oddly so energized and poignant at the same time. Love your controlled shallow DOF in many of your shots. And the verticals are vertical. So subliminal.

• Like 1

Rural Skyline

Corn in the beans. Not a disaster......but......certainly an embarrassment.

Minox B, PanF

• Like 15

The building architect should listen to you. The average height of American women is 64 inches, while the average height for American men is 69 inches, so let’s call it a reasonable average of 66 inches, though slightly less when we are talking about “eye level.“ The center of the 72-inch photograph should be hung for viewing at eye level. This means that the bottom of your hung photograph should be 30 inches from the floor, not 36 inches as it appears in your installation photograph, so you are correct in calling for the installation to be 6 inches lower. The architect chose 36 inches because the marble (baseboard) is about 18 inches high, so the architect simply doubled the distance of 18 inches to determine the bottom of the installed photograph, giving an “architecturally balanced look.” The architect may have been persuaded by the height of the marble banister possibly obstructing the view of your photograph as it is approached from the left, giving visitors the best approach view from that side. Whatever! It is an awesome work of photographic art and you can be justly proud of the validation. Next, the architect needs to validate an A. Miller blur, exhibited to be viewed at a distance and up close.

• Like 1

The building architect should listen to you. The average height of American women is 64 inches, while the average height for American men is 69 inches, so let’s call it a reasonable average of 66 inches, though slightly less when we are talking about “eye level.“ The center of the 72-inch photograph should be hung for viewing at eye level. This means that the bottom of your hung photograph should be 30 inches from the floor, not 36 inches as it appears in your installation photograph, so you are correct in calling for the installation to be 6 inches lower. The architect chose 36 inches because the marble (baseboard) is about 18 inches high, so the architect simply doubled the distance of 18 inches to determine the bottom of the installed photograph, giving an “architecturally balanced look.” The architect may have been persuaded by the height of the marble banister possibly obstructing the view of your photograph as it is approached from the left, giving visitors the best approach view from that side. Whatever! It is an awesome work of photographic art and you can be justly proud of the validation. Next, the architect needs to validate an A. Miller blur, exhibited to be viewed at a distance and up close.

.. if it was an exhibition, we could think about your arguments ..

In this case here, I prefer the solution of the architect ..

• Like 2

Abandoned train station in Munich

Nikon 35Ti, Silvermax @ 100ASA, Silvermax developer

• Like 18