I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Thanks Philip.

I'm out of Vista 200, but I'm informed it's similar if not identical to Fuji C200, so I may buy a few rolls to experiment.

Incidentally, the flag shot was simply taken in a playful sort of way, I was simply exploring the perspective compression of the 135mm and I'm liking somewhat the effect and the different way of seeing.

I bought a brick of the stuff a while back, it's cooling off until I shoot it.

Was going to offer to get some and post it, but see MacoDirect have it in stock, so maybe try there.

Gary

• Like 1

Was going to offer to get some and post it, but see MacoDirect have it in stock, so maybe try there.

Gary

Fotoimpex in Berlin have it too!

• Like 1

Gary

That was a kind thought, Gary, thank you. I hadn't heard of MacoDirect until this evening (I live a sheltered life, obviously :) ) so I shall take a look. Apart from Vista 200 and the alleged similarity to Fuji C200, I have a number of different films to try out for size, B&W and colour. Even though the market for film manufacture is a fraction of the size from its hay-day, there's still a lot to explore.
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

That was a kind thought, Gary, thank you. I hadn't heard of MacoDirect until this evening (I live a sheltered life, obviously :) ) so I shall take a look. Apart from Vista 200 and the alleged similarity to Fuji C200, I have a number of different films to try out for size, B&W and colour. Even though the market for film manufacture is a fraction of the size from its hay-day, there's still a lot to explore.

Pleasure Steve, good idea at the time, until I saw Maco had it, and by the sound of Suede, Fotoimpex as well.

I usually buy from Maco, as well as Freestyle, and the last lot came circuitously from B&H. (via St Louis).

We are indeed spoilt for choice.

Gary

• Like 2

London, the South Bank

Leica M2, 50mm Summicron DR, Ilford Delta 400

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

Obviously too much colour, I've only seen that view flat, grey and overcast.  :lol:

Beautiful photograph!

Thanks, Mike!  If I only had you in the photo it would be taken to an entirely higher level, as has been demonstrated in the past  :) :)

• Like 1