I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

still a few more ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

last one .... 

• Like 14

Can you suggest which BW film to experiment with? I am planning home developing.

I'd recommend a B+W film that is easier to scan. T-Max seems to scan very well, and I'm hoping that Ilford's Delta films will, too. 

I'm currently trying to use up some Neopan 400 which is in my bulk film loader, but I confess I'm eager to be using Delta film (100 and 400). I've seen some beautiful results from others using Delta, and I wonder if it will be a better film for my environment than this Neopan 400 which I think might be better suited to a more urban environment. Due to a building project, I haven't been able to develop any of my Neopan so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed.

Choose a film based on your subject and intended image processing (development/scanning/darkroom printing).

Pete

I'd recommend a B+W film that is easier to scan. T-Max seems to scan very well, and I'm hoping that Ilford's Delta films will, too. 

I'm currently trying to use up some Neopan 400 which is in my bulk film loader, but I confess I'm eager to be using Delta film (100 and 400). I've seen some beautiful results from others using Delta, and I wonder if it will be a better film for my environment than this Neopan 400 which I think might be better suited to a more urban environment. Due to a building project, I haven't been able to develop any of my Neopan so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed.

Choose a film based on your subject and intended image processing (development/scanning/darkroom printing).

Pete

I have sort of settled on Delta 100 for most of my mono shooting. I process in R09 and have been very happy with the results. I've tried Tri-X, T-Max, and many others but keep coming back to Delta 100.

Gary

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've recalled some photographs from the era when film was the only option. I may have posted one or two of them elsewhere in the past, but they really belong here, in this thread. I already uploaded one, the "Santorini's caldera" #51172. I hope you'll enjoy them.

Morning walk by the lake. Ektachrome E100VS.

Paul

attachicon.gifPamvotis.jpg

Lovely!

Part of me wishes that film still was the only option.

Washing apples for cider.

Tri-X

• Like 16

Sunrise from the 59th street Bridge. There isnt a pedestrian path on this side of the bridge although the service road that runs along the edge is closed at night and opens only at 6:30, nearly an hour after the onset of sunrise, making it a suitable pedestrian path provided one can sneek past the sleeping police officer manning the entrance ;)

Ektar 6x7

Linhof Technika Press, Zeiss Sonar 180mm

Horrible photography, excuse me! Edited by Lux

You'd have struggled to get the R/F patch lined up, but more so, struggled to get the guy in the rear of the pic any more aligned with the pooch, well done.

Gary

Thanks, Gary. That was one very cute dog

• Like 1

Lucky tree

Leica M7 & 50mm Summicron Rigid - Kodak Ektar

• Like 13