Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Thanks, Rog! You've inspired me to pop open more of my Adox!

Super-amped with your ADOX blurs and your OOF skylines/bridges; totally rattling the Richter scale. Composition of London Tube is dialed in with the little sign upper left, main focus looking left, closest blurred figure adding perspective dimension, swoosh tube horizontal contrasted with the stationary tube advertising for ". . . from the Director of Dark Knight. . . ." I'm hearing SFX, but I suppose that's circus in the head. Applause, applause. Throw some more OOF on the table, the roulette wheel is spinning.

CORRECTION:
My bad: Bollard Red and Plum Viridian Diptych are ADOX, BUT I double-checked and Bollard Cadmium Yellow is that really tamed ADOX beast that goes by PORTRA 400!

Rog

Great colors, Gary.

As a distraction from the Implosions here, I'm back to Cinque Terre.

Monterosso

R6 wirth 35 and 50 Summicron

Portra 400

Plustek 8100

Gary

Very nice, Phil.  I'm getting the summer bug just looking at your photos.  Now I just need some summer!

I seem to like "torture testing" my little Canon ltm 50mm lens by constantly shooting it into the sun. Objectively it doesn't really handle it all that well, but then there's the visceral judgement:

Tootgarook 2018

M6TTL, Canon ltm 50mm f1.4, Agfa Vista 400

I suspect I'm not alone in having a few ongoing (since years), never-likely-to-be-completed, "projects". Reflections and contrail compositions are some of mine, as you've probably guessed from past posts, but another is what I call Whoosh! which is about those cool lines that one gets from longer exposures of moving things. They look almost but not quite like Saturn's rings. Here is one I just scanned shot in London's Underground in November, a nice coincidence with Adam's good Tube shot earlier.

Flickr

FM3A 55 Micro Ektar X1

Edited by philipus

Well I think that lens is holding up very very well. Visceral is the word here, kite surfing must be gut-wrenchingly cool, now added to my to do list.

br

Philip

I seem to like "torture testing" my little Canon ltm 50mm lens by constantly shooting it into the sun. Objectively it doesn't really handle it all that well, but then there's the visceral judgement:

Tootgarook 2018

FM3A 50/1.2 AIS Portra 400 by edward karaa, on Flickr

FM3A 50/1.2 AIS Portra 400 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Tootgarook 2018

I think it holds up pretty well to be honest Phil. Both shots.

Gary

More whoosh

again from London, same equipment and film as above.

Flickr

Flickr