I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Corniglia, a beautiful part of the world.

R6 with 50mm Summicron

Portra 400

Plustek 8100

Gary

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 14

Kings Canyon National Park, California

Hasselblad, 50MM FLE, Fujifilm NPH400

Regards,

Ramesh

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

first-class mr. miller ..I like the photo as it seems to be self-contained

greetings

uwe

Thank you, Uwe :)

I agree; the wave breaker really sets a nice composition, especially with the square frame

Btw, just purchased a liter of the FF monobath and am very eager to try it with some Ferrania P30 and Tmax 3200.  I'm back in business, baby!!! :)

Hey Adam-

I think I was the one who told you about the FF No. 1 at the Empire Stores show! haha! Great stuff. I'm trying to catch up with this thread, so maybe there are some images coming up...

-John

• Like 1

Looks real nice John.  I'm in the same boat, very happy with my B/W results...I'm thinking about taking a stab at C-41.

-Marc

A few weeks ago I decided that I was sufficiently adept at home developing B/W (Famous Format "FF N0.1 Monobath") that I wanted to to try color, so I picked up an Arista Rapid E-6 Kit from the Film Photography Project store. I have to say, the whole process is WAY easier than I thought it would be. As long as you can get consistent 100ºF water, the rest is just a matter of timing and patience.

FWIW, I'm using a Paterson tank and agitating by spinning the film. It's too difficult to remove the rubber cap to pour the 3 different solutions in and out. I see NO issues with spin agitation. No streaks. No water marks. Perfect slides.

Here are a few home-developed Provia 100 shots from the last few weeks. All Hasselblad 500 C/M + 80/2.8 CF + 10mm extension (on the close ups).

Look at those colors!! This is exactly how the raw chromes look in real life. NO adjustments. A7ii + Tamron 90/2.5 macro + lightbox "scans" imported, cropped to 1:1 and output. That's it.

• Like 1

My first film post.

Konica Autoreflex T2 was my first film camera couple of decades ago. I used that to learn photography and shot mainly family and friends. This year, I caught the film bug again and got one in mint shape (with working meter) for USD20. :) I already had the hexanon lenses (35,57,135) that were being used on digital M.

I loaded it with XP2 Super 400 BW film (I still don't know which one I will like) and shot a test roll. Here is one using 57mm Hexanon f/1.4

In future, I expect to shoot BW film in M2 that I am eagerly waiting. I am sure I would love that but I still like my first camera. :)

attachicon.gifexp_sm-20180517KonicaART_XP2Super400-128.jpg

I still have an Konica Autoreflex TC I bought along with a Konica FT1 Motor in 1983, I still pull it out every now and then to run a roll of film through it.

• Like 1