I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sunrise from the 59th street Bridge. There isnt a pedestrian path on this side of the bridge although the service road that runs along the edge is closed at night and opens only at 6:30, nearly an hour after the onset of sunrise, making it a suitable pedestrian path provided one can sneek past the sleeping police officer manning the entrance ;)

Ektar 6x7

Linhof Technika Press, Zeiss Sonar 180mm

Wow, you have a run. One strike after the other. Very impressive!

• Like 1

If one doesn't have access to that Adox Implosion film, one can take 30-years out of date Kodak Ektachrome slide duplicating film 5071 and cross-process it in C41. The slight drawback is that it is a veeeery slow film. I exposed these at EI 12...

FM3A 50/1.8 AI-S

Wow, different Philip.

Back in the day we all seemed to strive for perfection, minimal grain, sharpness to cut yourself on.

Now all that has changed.

Lovely, impressionistic.

Gary

• Like 2

Sunrise from the 59th street Bridge. There isnt a pedestrian path on this side of the bridge although the service road that runs along the edge is closed at night and opens only at 6:30, nearly an hour after the onset of sunrise, making it a suitable pedestrian path provided one can sneek past the sleeping police officer manning the entrance ;)

Ektar 6x7

Stunning Adam, worth bribing the Police Officer too.

Gary

• Like 1

Ektar 6x7

Just dial 1-800-293-7663  or  1-800-AWE-SOME for an emergency hit of bottled OXYGEN because that is what you'll need after 3 seconds into the visual overload of MILLERVISION! This is another one that comes with the AMNYC DISCLAIMER: View at your own risk of the sudden shortness of breath. 

This may bring back the swim suit to the Miss America Competition?

• Like 2

Leicaflex SL

50 Summicron

Tri-X

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 18

Thanks very much, Gentlemen!!!!!!!  I really appreciate it!!  Ernest - you are a star orator - and very funny!!

Excellent colours!

Wow, you have a run. One strike after the other. Very impressive!

Stunning Adam, worth bribing the Police Officer too.

Gary

Just dial 1-800-293-7663  or  1-800-AWE-SOME for an emergency hit of bottled OXYGEN because that is what you'll need after 3 seconds into the visual overload of MILLERVISION! This is another one that comes with the AMNYC DISCLAIMER: View at your own risk of the sudden shortness of breath. 

This may bring back the swim suit to the Miss America Competition?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

New York City was set ABLAZE with sky-fire during an epic sunrise last month.  I nearly had to call in the fire department for help; but alas Mother Nature put it out on her own. :)  Natural disaster averted - whew!!! :)

Ektar 6x9

Linhof Technika Press 23, Zeiss Biogon 53mm

attachicon.gifNew York City ablaze.jpg

I keep returning to this, Adam. It kept nagging at me (in a good way) that it reminded me of something, then I realized it was JMW Turner's "The Fighting 'Temeraire'".

• Like 2

I keep returning to this, Adam. It kept nagging at me (in a good way) that it reminded me of something, then I realized it was JMW Turner's "The Fighting 'Temeraire'".

Sincere thanks, Phil.  Wow, now THAT'S a beautiful scene!  Thanks very much for sharing this.   the inspiration I seek out - those from painters rather than the modern day photographers.  

I have even taken up a little painting with my 10-year old daughter.  It's a fun non-techie thing to do together.  And I suck really hard but nevertheless find it quite expressive in a complimentary way.  Here's my latest magnum opus from last week (using only the finest paints under $10 sold on Amazon :) ), which my daughter actually approved! :)

Edited by A miller
  • Like 9

Your daughter's picture is super. I'd hang it, as you are, proudly.

In my experience, one needs to keep pressing the creativity button from 8-10 years...or it just evaporates...as children get older.

Good luck.

Oh..and your picture is well, OK too... ;)

Thanks, David :)   My daughter opted to put her paintings in a basket on a small table in our living with a sign attached to the table saying "Paintings for sale $5."  When the basket gets full I told her I'd take her out in the front of the Met and we'd sell our stuff together :)

Edited by A miller
  • Like 3

Sorry my first post, which you quote, was irrelevant, when i reread it was your picture. Thought i had time to edit, but you were too quick.

Anyway should be clear now.

PS i still like the painting.

PPS have some pics hung of my early childrens works...masterpeices fursure.

Edited by david strachan
  • Like 2

Phil, yes!

So astute, Turneresque, absolutely! A painter who understood there is green in a sunset. He's one of the quintessential painters of the Romantic Sublime, associated with his paintings of Lord Byron's "Childe Harold's Pilgrimage" and a sublime subject that he painted of the Alps--that Adam must be channeling--the snow blizzard. (Snow Storm: Hannibal and his Army crossing the Alps.) There is also Adam's remarkable defocused "Stormy Foggy Morning (Pre-Dawn Foggy morning; 2 minute exposure, wide-open bokeh; painterly intent) that echoes Turner's hazy "Rain, and Steam, Speed." Not to forget the ADOX blurs!

• Like 5

Church entrance, Helsinki

R6 with 50mm Summicron

Portra 400

Plustek 8100

Gary

• Like 16