I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

New York City :)

Minolta TC-1, Adox Color Implosion 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 18

New York City :)

Minolta TC-1, Adox Color Implosion 

Applause for caged irony--everything is in a swoosh of motion blur, except the two signal light repairmen who are frozen and compositionally connected in the center by the workman "pointing" with his pole toward the suspended cherry picker worker. We read left to right, from the blurred pedestrians, up the worker's pole and light post, to the suspended worker at the red signal light. And our continues down the arc of the signal light boom to begin the circle of the composition over again. It's the repetition of the city with its signal lights and stop-and-go traffic. ADOX with its red/green granularity renders like a Seurat impressionist painting, yet so 50's retro. Ironic, yes; everything but the workers is in motion blur.

Motion blur as opposed to out of focus blur, the subject for another hour.

• Like 3

Two Roses

I resurrected my Hasselblad 203FE yesterday with the 40mm Distagon and 110mm Planar and took them for a walk. I shot a roll Portra 400, processed in Tetanal.

Happy Rose; & Sad Rose

• Like 17

Continuing my walk, the Rotunda, or "Bandstand" at Sandringham beach.

1.The conventional view and

2. (IMO) the more interesting view.

• Like 16

Applause for caged irony--everything is in a swoosh of motion blur, except the two signal light repairmen who are frozen and compositionally connected in the center by the workman "pointing" with his pole toward the suspended cherry picker worker. We read left to right, from the blurred pedestrians, up the worker's pole and light post, to the suspended worker at the red signal light. And our continues down the arc of the signal light boom to begin the circle of the composition over again. It's the repetition of the city with its signal lights and stop-and-go traffic. ADOX with its red/green granularity renders like a Seurat impressionist painting, yet so 50's retro. Ironic, yes; everything but the workers is in motion blur.

Motion blur as opposed to out of focus blur, the subject for another hour.

Sincere thanks, Ernest.  You have a very creative mind, indeed!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

About the marina in Rotterdam.

Leicaflex SL with 50mm Summicron

XP2

Plustek 8100

Gary

• Like 18

Continued

Gary

• Like 18

Had a strange yellow light in the evening, just about the time the neighborhood cats go out on patrol.

attachicon.gifimg899.jpg

Zenit Crystal m39 SLR, MIR 50/3.5, Kodak 200

Nice warm colors.

We get that kind of yellow light when the Scirocco winds bring sand from the Sahara desert across the sea, but I doubt that is your case ...

• Like 2

It's a great place, isn't it, Gary? Buoyant history.

Pun intended of course.

But yes, and to think that when we planned months out we were dead set on staying in Amsterdam. When accommodation was "difficult", we opted for second best, Rotterdam.

What a revelation, and boy were we glad we lucked out with this city, we loved it, and will be back there, such a wonderful place to explore.

Gary

• Like 3

New York City was set ABLAZE with sky-fire during an epic sunrise last month. I nearly had to call in the fire department for help; but alas Mother Nature put it out on her own. :) Natural disaster averted - whew!!! :)

Ektar 6x9

Linhof Technika Press 23, Zeiss Biogon 53mm

New York City ablaze.jpg

How do you do it, Adam? Do you just set up then do a magic sunrise dance or do you recite an incantation? :D

• Like 3

How do you do it, Adam? Do you just set up then do a magic sunrise dance or do you recite an incantation? :D

HA HA, LOL. It's actually more simple and uneventful than that. I just keep going to these spots relentlessly until I get that surreal sky-fire show.

Kind of like how my dog is relentless in how he sits right at my feet at the kitchen while I am chopping vegetables waiting for a piece to drop on the floor. At some point - even after a long time - there will invariably be a piece of two that falls out of my cutting board and onto the floor. And he is ALWAYS there waiting for it :) :)

I am like my dog with the sunrises and sunsets. More often than not I show up and get nothing. It is so unpredictable that the only way to get it is to just keep showing up and waiting patiently - like a dog :)

Edited by A miller
  • Like 8