Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

I do not remember the specific model, but during the time I was in Italy, 78 & 79, I recall there was a specific Lancia that struck me as one of the most elegantly styled autos I had ever seen.  But, yeah, I could go for a 4x4 Panda.

Lancia (FIAT group) only makes one single city car now ... 

The 4x4 was the best, they were very popular among farmers in the UK who needed something for their wife to drive when they had the Land Rover. 

Farmers still use it here, both the old and the new model.

Here's another one hidden in the narrow streets of the old city center of Grottaglie

M3, Summicron 50 V, HP5

20180430-DSCF2139 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

For me, I'd pick the Bambina as the greatest...

M6 w/ Summilux 35 & Summicron 50 - Neopan Acros 100

D001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A010 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Of course, the 500 will always be the most famous and iconic. There is no comparison. I rented a black one (new model) for my wedding.

The Panda being the greatest is more like a joke. Cheap ugly and always muddy car for dirty jobs! 

And btw, beautiful shots. The second one looks MF quality. 

PS I apologize for the 3 consecutive quotes. I could have used the multiquote option.

M6, Summicron 35 asph, Fomapan 400

20180131-DSCF0990 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Edited by AntonioF

Of course, the 500 will always be the most famous and iconic. There is no comparison. I rented a black one (new model) for my wedding.

The Panda being the greatest is more like a joke. Cheap ugly and always muddy car for dirty jobs! 

And btw, beautiful shots. The second one looks MF quality. 

PS I apologize for the 3 consecutive quotes. I could have used the multiquote option.

M6, Summicron 35 asph, Fomapan 400

20180131-DSCF0990 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

In Gaeta, a shipmate had an apartment and a ratty, old Cinquecento. We had to work on that car every day.........EVERY DAY.......in order to keep it running. But run it did. Among the many things that come back to my mind when I think of that car is Carabinieri (sp?) and the "lollipop" signs they would hold up to let you know they wanted you to stop. We always stopped quickly when we saw a "lollipop"

Of all the cars that have played a role in my life, I believe I would most like to see that ratty little red Cinquecento again.

Best,

Wayne

There he is again... 

Lower Manhattan (Stuart's old office building WAAAY back when

IIIg, 28 summaron, HP5 @800

Well done! Gotta love the IIIg

In Gaeta, a shipmate had an apartment and a ratty, old Cinquecento. We had to work on that car every day.........EVERY DAY.......in order to keep it running. But run it did. Among the many things that come back to my mind when I think of that car is Carabinieri (sp?) and the "lollipop" signs they would hold up to let you know they wanted you to stop. We always stopped quickly when we saw a "lollipop"

Of all the cars that have played a role in my life, I believe I would most like to see that ratty little red Cinquecento again.

Best,

Wayne

Then you should buy one!

Farmers still use it here, both the old and the new model.

Here's another one hidden in the narrow streets of the old city center of Grottaglie

M3, Summicron 50 V, HP5

20180430-DSCF2139 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

These are great, Antonio - I like the 'wildlife' aspect, where you've managed to sneak up unobserved.

Best,

Wayne

A 1960's Millecinquecento was a memorable member of a high turnover stable when I was a young fella. A mate and I had a not-very-successful business in our teens, hunting down cars that hadn't moved for a long time, locating their owners, buying them for 2/10's of buggerall, getting them warranted, and flicking them on. Each one would be 'our car' for a while, until we made a sale, and that little white Millecinquecento was a joy to traverse the hills of NZ in - Style beyond our deserving. We also had a Bambina (Cinquecento) at one stage, which I remember us driving around a paddock sitting on the roof, steering with our feet through the sunroof, with the hand throttle set for fun.

I was perhaps not the most responsible of youngsters, and apply the "do as I say, not as I do" principal to our own children

A 1960's Millecinquecento was a memorable member of a high turnover stable when I was a young fella. A mate and I had a not-very-successful business in our teens, hunting down cars that hadn't moved for a long time, locating their owners, buying them for 2/10's of buggerall, getting them warranted, and flicking them on. Each one would be 'our car' for a while, until we made a sale, and that little white Millecinquecento was a joy to traverse the hills of NZ in - Style beyond our deserving. We also had a Bambina (Cinquecento) at one stage, which I remember us driving around a paddock sitting on the roof, steering with our feet through the sunroof, with the hand throttle set for fun.

I was perhaps not the most responsible of youngsters, and apply the "do as I say, not as I do" principal to our own children

Had more than a few Bambina's in our youth as well, perfect for spotlighting out of too, if you know what I mean.

Never tried driving, sitting on the roof though.

Gary

Oh yes, it's a joy of a camera!

Well done! Gotta love the IIIg

Love the one, Eoin.  Almost looks like Delta

SWC w/ Tri-X...

C006 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Thanks

.. obviously very balanced !!