I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Keith (M):

Question time!  Hasselblad 503CX outing on Monday afternoon.  Dev'd & scanned the roll of FP4+ in Ilfosol 3 today. Can't make up my mind which of these two frames works better. They were taken about twenty minutes or so apart and the sun moved enough to make quite a difference. Thoughts appreciated!

Keith, both of them are brilliant. If  I had to choose for my wall, I would opt for the first--it´s just a nice arrangement of shapes.   The second picture is in a  completely different drawer: it´s all about the structure of the brick-work, particularly in the rim of the arch.  Why don't you make an arrangement of -say four pictures-  showing what happens as  the light changes ? 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb JMF:

Untitled by JM__, on Flickr

Acros 100 - Konica HG 28

very powerful, the swell approaching... 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Why does Bentham ring such a resounding bell? Would he pen notions of panopticon in that prow of cement and steel?

Rog, agreed, the framing suggests some circular construction with  windows for surveillance. I think Bonatz ( an influential architect of his time. ) was influenced by  Bauhaus  and modernism-hence the  lattice pattern of the windows. Actually the tower is one of three towers holding the gates of the weir. I wonder what color they will be using when the renovation of these industrial monuments is coming to an end. 

• Like 19

Three pendula.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

12 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Question time!  Hasselblad 503CX outing on Monday afternoon.  Dev'd & scanned the roll of FP4+ in Ilfosol 3 today. Can't make up my mind which of these two frames works better. They were taken about twenty minutes or so apart and the sun moved enough to make quite a difference. Thoughts appreciated!

Second for me Keith.

• Like 2

FM2n 50mm f1.2, HP5+

• Like 16

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nevada 1997

Nikon FA / Ektar 25

• Like 14

Vintage: Original Rolleiflex, 4.5/75 Tessar, Kodak Verichrome Pan (expired 1979,) shot at 25 ISO

Rollei lore reports that lens was known as "hawkeye"

• Like 19

Same camera and film. A throw-away shot, but a joy to behold for one who has always cast a wary eye toward technological advancement.

to behold......for one

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 18

16 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Thanks all for the very interesting series of comments on the relative qualities of the bridge photos.  A quick headcount shows six to two in favour of the first one.  At first I also tended to favour that because of the more immediate impact of the light and the way ones eye is drawn to explore those areas.  Having reflected (!) overnight I'm coming round to change horses, so to speak. The second is a gentler image with softer, more even light under the arch that leads one to linger, to study and appreciate more the intricate brickwork.  Just my 2 pence!

Thanks again for the responses - appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

First one is the better image.  I would tone down the highlight a little under the bridge arch to reveal more of the brickwork detail.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's all white if it's infrared ..

Fuji GS645S, Rollei Infrared 400

• Like 19

20 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

like the first one better, much more dramatic!

• Thanks 1

That look... by Dmitry Gorochovsky, on Flickr

M2-R | Summicron-M 35mm f/2 v1 | Agfa APX 400, PMK Pyro

• Like 10

Rollei RPX 

The Mighty Murrumbidgee 

• Like 18