I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Suede:

Find in stonework.   [Silvermax 100]

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Looks timeless! Could also be in the 40ties/50ties!

vor 6 Stunden schrieb sblitz:

Social distancing in Central Park ... Adox CHS II ,developed myself in F-39 Type II Leica M4 75MM Summicron

We have to used to it!!!

vor 4 Stunden schrieb mikeamosau:

Damnit! Another camera found its way home! Just picked up a Hasselblad 503cw. Took it for a test spin over the weekend with a roll of Fuji Pro400h. Home developed and scanned. Already loving this camera! 

Wonderful!

• Thanks 1

vor 58 Minuten schrieb stray cat:

Of potential interest to users of Leica M-series film cameras is this: https://www.kamerakraft.com/product-page/kameracraft-first-limited-edition-lmgrip-v1-0

It seems to me to be an incredibly well-designed piece of kit. I've ordered one and will let you know how it is once I've had a chance to put it through its paces. I have no affiliation with the vendor other than that I have ordered one. I can tell you that he replies quickly and helpfully to queries. It's maybe a little pricey - although not all that bad considering the excellent design - but bugger it, it's been a long time in lockdown and I've sold some gear so why not?

I am not a fan of grips on the M Cameras. But tis one is the best looking grip I have seen. Especially in black. And not bulky at all. 

Looking Forward hearing your experiences!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, benqui said:

I am not a fan of grips on the M Cameras. But tis one is the best looking grip I have seen. Especially in black. And not bulky at all. 

Looking Forward hearing your experiences!

Thanks Marc. I'd never used a grip at all until Pritam showed me one he had on his M4. I think it could be very useful at times - and I have (gulp) four M cameras I can share it round! I'll let you know - hopefully they'll start shipping soon.

13 minutes ago, philipus said:

Going from monochrome dune shots in the Netherlands to this Stockholm scene which I shot in early February.

Flickr
203FE 80 Planar Ektar X1

WoW! Just WOW Philip! This is incredible. My first thought is that you should contact the sculptor of the golden piece in the center - I'm sure he/she would love a photo that shows off their work so dream-atically.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Colorado Lagoon Stories No. 10
M-A APO 50 Fuji Natura

• Like 19

8 hours ago, philipus said:

This is so eery Rog, and fits the word "lagoon" perfectly, a word that, at least for me, more calls up images of a creature more than Brooke Shields :) I really like this ominous look which reminds me of the X Files too. I've recently begun re-watching all of it and it strikes me how much they invested in that production. The production design may not be everyone's cup of tea with the sometimes overdone and unrealistic lighting but they really put a lot of effort into creating a consistent slightly oppressive atmosphere in virtually every shot. Like Se7en but without the moisture somehow. I get that vibe here too. It's all unknown at present, but the truth is out there. 

Big X Files fan here, too. Have seasons 1-5, and one of my favorites from Season 5 is Kill Switch, written by William Gibson and Tom Maddox, even though it's not one of the series but one of the Monster-of-the-Week episodes. 

• Like 1

Thank you Phil :) The, well, "thing" one of those things that people either love or dislike in Stockholm. It was designed by Edvin Öhrström and finished in 1974 (he died in 1994). It's a close to 40m and 130 tonne glass and steel behemoth with the interesting name Crystal Vertical Accent (kristallvertikalaccent in the local lingo). There are lights inside and it changes colour sometimes. Much of the dislike concerns the creation of the square itself because it required demolishing the old buildings in the so-called Klara quarter. The beautiful Klara church is still there (the clock is visible at the extreme left) but is now squished in the middle of lots of really boring 1960s buildings.

8 hours ago, stray cat said:

WoW! Just WOW Philip! This is incredible. My first thought is that you should contact the sculptor of the golden piece in the center - I'm sure he/she would love a photo that shows off their work so dream-atically.

Ah I remember that episode well. And I look forward to seeing it again soon. I'm just about to finish Season 3. I've always found the division between the mythology and the monster of the week episodes interesting. As much as I loved, and love, the drama and the arc of the mythological episodes the best acting and chemistry between Mulder and Scully is in the monster episodes. I've always found it a really clever way to design a series.   

40 minutes ago, Ernest said:

Big X Files fan here, too. Have seasons 1-5, and one of my favorites from Season 5 is Kill Switch, written by William Gibson and Tom Maddox, even though it's not one of the series but one of the Monster-of-the-Week episodes. 

Really superb, Stefan. Just look at the highlight on the floor and how much sheer detail it contains. Only film does that.

3 hours ago, Stefan2010 said:

Bagheria

IIIf/Summicron 50/Ektar 100

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

rollie infrared 

• Like 12

butcher bird 

• Like 13

red kayak, green kayak; daylesford 2014

m6ttl, 35mm, ektar

Edited by stray cat
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Contax G2 with 90mm Sonnar on KodakColo200

Edited by jonnyboy
  • Like 17

Am 7.10.2020 um 10:54 schrieb Stefan2010:

III/Summaron 35/Portra 160

The more I look at this picture, the more I wish to see it much bigger! An amazing shot, stefan! 

And Portra is what it is: simply the best!

• Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb man:men:

The more I look at this picture, the more I wish to see it much bigger! An amazing shot, stefan! 

And Portra is what it is: simply the best!

Thanks a lot Manfred, if you'll come sometime to Düsseldorf, I can show you the print in 30x45 :)

Stefan

Another cake tin..

F3HP Ultron 40/2 Delta 400 in DDX

• Like 14