I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica M6 - Summicron 2/90 - TriX in D76

Contax IIa, Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 5cm 1:2 collapsible, Ilford Delta 100 @ 80, PMK 1:2:100 10' 24ºC.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

One more, taken with Pentax MX, 50mm f/1.7 on Ilford HP5

• Like 14

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ullapool north west Scotland - the ferry from Stornaway on the Isle of Lewis arrives.

Leica M7 & 50mm Elmar M - Kodak ColorPlus200

• Like 16

I love the series of (almost) parallel lines created by these trees...

Shot on HP5 with Pentax MX and 35mm f/2.8

• Like 12

10 hours ago, benqui said:

M4, Ilford Delta 400, APO 50, X-Tol (1:1)

First time I used the Negative Lab Pro Software in Lightroom to convert the negatives. I "scanned" the negatives with a Lumix G (number I don't know) and a Makro. I am really happy with the results and it is a very fast way to digitalize the negatives in comparison to my scanner.

One of very few times I’ve seen the 50 APO used to good effect. Probably the film ;)

• Haha 3

On 10/4/2019 at 11:48 AM, Nowhereman said:

This photo, taken with the M6 and the Summilux-50 pre-ASPH on Agfa Scala, is in my Frog Leaping photobook, which will be presented at Offprint Paris 2019, held at the École des Beaux-Arts concurrently with Paris Photo on 7-10 November. We completed the print run last week in the Netherlands, and there is a link for the flip-through video in this post in my LUF thread: Photobook Publishing and its Discontents.

How much did the entire book production process cost you and how many copies did you make?

On 10/4/2019 at 3:03 PM, Calin said:

"Colorful Smell " Fuji 200 Zeiss 135 2.8

Fantastic colors, Calin!

On 10/4/2019 at 3:45 PM, joergel said:

Leica M6 - Summicron 2/90 - TriX in D76

Awesome, Joerg!  Family member?

11 hours ago, benqui said:

M4, Ilford Delta 400, APO 50, X-Tol (1:1)

First time I used the Negative Lab Pro Software in Lightroom to convert the negatives. I "scanned" the negatives with a Lumix G (number I don't know) and a Makro. I am really happy with the results and it is a very fast way to digitalize the negatives in comparison to my scanner.

This is so good, Marc.  Not only for the technical execution aspects.  But her expression - which has a surprised/offended aspect to it, like you are intruding uninvited on her personal space -  is priceless.  It is every fashion photographer's wet dream to get expressions like this.  Bravo!

8 hours ago, }{B said:

Ullapool north west Scotland - the ferry from Stornaway on the Isle of Lewis arrives.

Leica M7 & 50mm Elmar M - Kodak ColorPlus200

Love the colors, especially the leathery blue sky.  

2 hours ago, AntonioF said:

First time shooting Fomapan 200. I went for a solo drive to the coast and loaded a roll of it in the Pentax 6x7. Maybe the yellow tint of the radioactive Takumar 105 helped ... and maybe I should stop trying to de-yellow it with the ikea lamp ...

20191005-20191005_08 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

20191005-20191005_09 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

great tonal range in these, Antonio.  I need to finally try the film...

• Thanks 4

Carry On
M-A APO 50
E100 & ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A miller said:

Back to the beach in Tel Aviv with 🕵️‍♂️

IIIg, 28 summaron, Tri-X

Title it "Caught in the act!"

And you're definitely making your fedora the most distinctive Leica photographer's headgear since David Alan Harvey's outback style.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/traveler/9711/departments/

• Haha 3

Guest Nowhereman
8 hours ago, A miller said:

How much did the entire book production process cost you and how many copies did you make?...

The edition is 500 books. All the sheets have been printed by quad-tone offset, cut and folded. The bookbinder   will assemble the sections and bind them this month. Last week we produced four books as a test run of the hand assembly and the sewing-in of the foldout sections on a three-point sewing machine.

As we are now working out the distribution, the the total cost is still a range rather than a fixed figure, depending on the degree to which we'll sell directly from an ordering website or through stores for contemporary photobooks. David Alan Harvey advised me earlier that most people thinking of their first book don't realize that the printing and binding costs are not the major cost, and that distribution can cost more than that. Even  photographers that only sell directly from a website may have to swallow some of the shipping costs: for example, shipping costs from the EU to the US may be €25-35 and to Japan €50-60, or more, which can be prohibitive for most potential buyers. If you want, or need, worldwide distribution you have to take this into account, unless you can send a portion of the edition in bulk to those countries and distribute from there, which can be difficult.

I'll be writing about the distribution in my thread, Photobook Publishing and their Discontents. You can find the current status and a link to the flip-through video here or, if interested in how I got to the current formulation of the book and its accordian-type ("leporello") fold-out structure, you can start reading in mid-thread, here. Anyone interested how this book came about and how it originated from a single chapter in a dummy for another book, in pocketbook format, called Paris au rythme de Basquiat and Other Poems, may want to read the whole thread, which starts here.

Edited by Nowhereman

I have a bit of a project on the go, capturing the industrial scenes of the Lower Don Valley, near where I work in Sheffield. I have the river and the nearby Sheffield and Tinsley Canal to explore, which I am doing on workday lunchtimes.

This first one was taken on Portra 160 with my Mamiya C220 and 55mm f/2.8

• Like 15

On the cage.

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Windy day.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, joergel said:

Thanks a lot Adam. This is my younger daughter :)

Here without sunglasses 

Very beautiful, Joerg. I don’t know how I missed that first photo! 😩

8 hours ago, adan said:

Title it "Caught in the act!"

And you're definitely making your fedora the most distinctive Leica photographer's headgear since David Alan Harvey's outback style.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/traveler/9711/departments/

Ha ha very funny, Adan.  I am no where near as sexy as that DAH. 

I think @sblitz has a life-size poster of him in his bedroom 😂😂🤣🤣 which I am guessing was included in one of his workshops...? 😂😂🤣🤣

• Haha 1