I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 minutes ago, Ernest said:

Red Pass No. 2
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
E100

A point suspended in nothingness! (will never be a line) Love it, Adam.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Red Pass #1 & & #2 are beautiful, Ernest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, A miller said:

It’s still snowing in my world 🙂

portra 400

It seems, no matter how long I am away, when I return it is always snowing in NY, and Adam produces another wonderpiece! Great work, Adam.

• Like 1

This is really intriguing Marc, well spotted and executed.

22 hours ago, benqui said:

I hope that i did not show it before:

Jaipur India, M6, Summarit 35 mm, Tmax 400

I really like your Avebury Manor series, Keith. Everything from the extraordinary clarity, to the colours to the composition and light is terrific. I read online that one can actually sit in the armchairs, play pool in the billiards room etc. That's really unusual for such a site, methinks.

9 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Dining done & dusted...  (NT's Avebury Manor).  MP, 35mm Summaron f2.8, Portra 400.

I also find this one very interesting Steve. Was in in a basement or such? There's an almost sinister feel to it, with that interrogation lamp one almost expects Bond to be strapped naked to a chair off camera right.

7 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Lomography 400CN, Pentax MX, 1:2/85mm

Well you had me with the contrail James :) Divine colours too.

6 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

I am again and again fascinated, how some of you are capable to picture some likely trivial or usual objects or scenes in a way, that one may discover something truly fascinating. Steve's picture above is one of these, at least to me, miraculous examples. It makes me stop and wonder about the purpose of this installation and the whereabouts. Thank you very much :)

From me today an autumn scene from last year. The so called "Red Bridge" in a small town in the suburban area around Berlin:

Ricoh GR1 - Portra 160

Such a timeless photograph, I think it would look beautiful on the wall. 

6 hours ago, Kleinkamera said:

The San Remo apartment towers on Central Park West, NYC, from inside the Park on a very grey, cloudy day.

IIIf / Summaron 35 / Tri-X / 8x10 print on Adox VarioClassic

There you go again, Rog. Like an Xpan Fibonacci on steroids. The clarity of the colours on the E100 is startling. 

2 hours ago, Ernest said:

Red Pass No. 1
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
E100

Excellent Adam. Like a dear in the headlights. I wanted to say I also enjoyed reading the article you linked to earlier, more than the previous one even because it had a more personal touch somehow. I'm very happy about the exposure your photography is getting.

33 minutes ago, A miller said:

It’s still snowing in my world 🙂

portra 400

I mean the tones in this one are just sublime. Wow Eoin, really nicely done. 

6 minutes ago, EoinC said:

Phnom Penh 4x5 Delta 100...

A009 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Flickr
85/1.8 pre-AI Superia 400 (EI100) X1
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, philipus said:

I really like your Avebury Manor series, Keith. Everything from the extraordinary clarity, to the colours to the composition and light is terrific. I read online that one can actually sit in the armchairs, play pool in the billiards room etc. That's really unusual for such a site, methinks.

Thanks, Philip  :)  Yes, Avebury Manor is one of the few NT properties where one can actually touch and use the contents. This is because when the Trust took over the property is was, in essence an empty shell so they had to start acquiring suitable period pieces to recreate the settings and atmosphere.  The Trust took the view that as the current contents are, shall we say ersatz and not things that had been in situ for centuries they could be more relaxed about how they are treated by visitors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

I am again and again fascinated, how some of you are capable to picture some likely trivial or usual objects or scenes in a way, that one may discover something truly fascinating. Steve's picture above is one of these, at least to me, miraculous examples. It makes me stop and wonder about the purpose of this installation and the whereabouts. Thank you very much :)

From me today an autumn scene from last year. The so called "Red Bridge" in a small town in the suburban area around Berlin:

Ricoh GR1 - Portra 160

Thanks James, you're too kind!

3 hours ago, philipus said:

I also find this one very interesting Steve. Was in in a basement or such? There's an almost sinister feel to it, with that interrogation lamp one almost expects Bond to be strapped naked to a chair off camera right.

There you go again, Rog. Like an Xpan Fibonacci on steroids. The clarity of the colours on the E100 is startling. 

Excellent Adam. Like a dear in the headlights. I wanted to say I also enjoyed reading the article you linked to earlier, more than the previous one even because it had a more personal touch somehow. I'm very happy about the exposure your photography is getting.

Thanks Philip, it's in an old mill converted to become a restaurant, but keeping all the old fixtures and fittings. In all likelihood the original lighting would have been gas (the fitting to the left on the wall being part of the original installation) but updated tastefully with electric in keeping. 

I have a few more of these I might post up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, philipus said:

Wow! I'm honored that you invoke Fibonacci (and his golden spiral), and "Xpan Fibonacci on steroids," now that is real invention. I can see a budding underground crew with black T-shirts emblazoned with the white lettering: Xpan FIBONACCI. You have a genius for marketing. Thanks!

Cut and print,
Rog

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Red Pass No. 3
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
E100

• Like 19

Here is another version of the first shot, in case anyone wants to vote ...

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sblitz said:

Here is another version of the first shot, in case anyone wants to vote ...

Very nice one Steve. Like the low key light and wet pavement.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EoinC said:

It seems, no matter how long I am away, when I return it is always snowing in NY, and Adam produces another wonderpiece! Great work, Adam.

Thanks, Eoin.  Nice to see you around again!

4 hours ago, Ernest said:

Red Pass No. 3
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
E100

Love these colors, Rog!!

10 hours ago, philipus said:

Flickr
85/1.8 pre-AI Superia 400 (EI100) X1

Love this abstract, Philip.  Not sure what that cone shape is but it adds an interesting cloud effect

10 hours ago, philipus said:

I really appreciate that, Philip!!  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2