I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

6 hours ago, RayD28 said:

I like the way the sunbeam leads to her face.  Nice shot.  

Thank you Ray.

In situations like this it's a matter of gut feeling and trusting one's instincts that framing is correct. Better to get a shot rather than no shot at all. I am happy with the outcome, apart from the distractions behind her head.

• Thanks 1

Leica II Industar 50-2 Rollei RPX 400 Berlin City West

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Rennrocky
  • Like 14

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, edwardkaraa said:

Terrible. It's surprising that people stop to look but don't help. 

Oh he had plenty of people around him.  They were just not in my frame :)

8 hours ago, edwardkaraa said:

Ah, so a smartass biker :D

In China, they would make sure to run over him one more time because the penalty for causing death is cheaper than hospital bills. Not kidding.

Ha ha, well I guess that's what's wrong with our health care system! :)

8 hours ago, Ernest said:

The Eclectic Series II
M-A APO 50mm & Nikon F2 Micro-Nikkor
ADOX Color Implosion & E100

More primer, or is that primaries? Wooden letterpress type, late 19th c. and, of course, the beloved McGuffey.

Love it, Rog.  So much culture packed into one frame.

7 hours ago, Ernest said:

The double entendre "Let's Hear It" is deafening, the composition is like totally, you know what I mean? If this were a film set, and the director with the Fedora yelled, "And . . . CUT!" Yes, that's a wrap, I mean, alas the "poor" stuntman doing the mechanical meld wrapped with his two-wheeler machine. How many takes? Just this one with the Ralph Gibson bicycle tire shadow, the HCB irony, the Eggleston yellow cab + red tail light and bus transit accent. Yes, "Let's Hear It" for the Grammy Awards. I fear a theme song is swelling down the street. Fedora man is moving, his teeth aching to bite into some street reality, knowing all the while that reality is like totally abstract. Focus, man, focus, he chants under his breath.

Sorry, I forgot a tambourine.

Rog

(BTW I don't mean to sound insensitive or flip because I know from experience what it is to meet pavement with Bottecchia and body at 40 mph. I hope here the bicyclist recovers all right in the long run.

Ha ha, love it, Rog, as usual.  You are articulate beyond the realm of articulation, if you know what I mean.  And I share your well wishes for him.

7 hours ago, stray cat said:

Adam, that's a terrible thing to have witnessed. I hope the biker is OK and I also hope the taxi guy, who seems to be doing the right thing, didn't lose his job - unless of course it really was his negligence that caused it. Just awful - and, from what Edward says, I'll bet they're all relieved it didn't happen in China. Or Chinatown: "Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown".

I hope the cock gets to understand that revenge is never a good thing - this also applies to Adam's bicycle rider - and that the large, fat cock - his rival, so it would seem - didn't in fact get eaten up.

Thanks, Phil.  We are having somewhat of a cultural revolution between the need for civility and free movement on the road for automobiles and the need to accommodate the growing population of cyclists.  

3 hours ago, Wayne said:

How long did it take for police or ambulance to arrive?

Not sure, Wayne, I had retired to my dentist by then.

BY THE WAY, EVERYBODY, MY TEETH ARE FINE AND I WILL BE OK!!!!!  IT WASN'T ANYTHING SERIOUS!!! ;) 

3 hours ago, edwardkaraa said:

Really great, Edward.  As good of results from the Ektachrome as I have seen.  I see you were doing some catching up on your Japanese reading while in Japan?

Edited by A miller
  • Haha 5

Canon AE1

TMax 100

50mm

• Like 19

Canon AE1, TMax 100, 50mm

• Like 19

vor 7 Stunden schrieb gbealnz:

Some more Portra 400, with the 503CXi and Variogon C140-280.

Pohutukawa flower ("NZ Christmas tree") and Strelitzia (Bird of Paradise plant).

Gary

Wonderful colours, Gary

Regards Joerg

Leica IIIf - Elmar 3,5/50 - PanF in Perceptol

Doc Martens

Rollei 35, 40mm f/3.5

Tri-X EI1600

• Like 17

2019 Blizzard Fashion, NYC.  ♥️

Portra 400 (+1) 

M7, 28mm elmarit pre asph

• Like 16

Just now, benqui said:

Really very good! Where do you find these crazy people? I love the coat!!😉

Thanks, Marc!!!   They grow on trees here! 😂 

I, too, love the fur, and I love that this is a guy in those clothes - really cool IMO!

Pay attention now at the 2019 fashion elements in this photo, which are validated by the photo that I shared a couple of weeks ago (pasted below).  

Fur is in and so are these pouches that people are wearing across their shoulders.  My wife actually insists that she started this trend 🤣

• Like 14

vor 1 Minute schrieb A miller:

Thanks, Marc!!!   They grow on trees here! 😂 

I, too, love the fur, and I love that this is a guy in those clothes - really cool IMO!

Pay attention now at the 2019 fashion elements in this photo, which are validated by the photo that I shared a couple of weeks ago (pasted below).  

Fur is in and so are these pouches that people are wearing across their shoulders.  My wife actually insists that she started this trend 🤣

first of all: how can I ever forget this photo?Yes really very cool. Good to know what I have to wear for my NY trip in August! And I am sure that you, as an experienced husband, will never break rule number 1: never ever contradict your wife! Happy wife, happy life. Life could be so easy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1