I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Wow, I was away for just a few days and this thread is full of wonderful works from all over the world again. I really enjoyed Steve's Jazz pics, Edward's snippets from Asia and the contributions from John (activetedfx). Thomas pics from Zaanse are also worth a mention - the windmills in the fog are wonderful! While I came back from Turkey yesterday, where I only shot a good roll through my Minilux, I am scanning some rolls from my short trip to London last week. I am thinking about a standalone thread as I do not intend to flood this thread with my merely touristic shots. Here comes just one as an example - some enthusiast with an analog movie camera on Brick Lane in London East End :)

Unfortunately I crashed my camera in one of the London busses - now I have to search for a new rewind knob or will have to try to bend it into shape again. As of now it is blocked on every turn and must be turned manually when I use the lever to advance film. I am happy though, as I managed to shoot some rolls with this slightly dysfunctional camera.

Bild-1-230.jpg

M4-P - Cron 35 - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

Sorry for your accident, but good to know the Leica still takes excellent photographs, James :)

I want to try this Precisa emulsion before the supply dries out. Very pleasing colors.

• Like 1

Sunset in the waterfront in Oslo on a warm spring evening....

Hasselblad, 80mm Planar, Porta 400

Regards,

Ramesh

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

Hello,

annoying and good luck with the repair. I look forward to the pictures. 

Best regards 

Thomas

Sorry for your accident, but good to know the Leica still takes excellent photographs, James :)

I want to try this Precisa emulsion before the supply dries out. Very pleasing colors.

Thank you for those supporting comments. I am convinced to find a good solution for this problem.

As I announced, I started a new thread for my pictures of London. I invite you to head over to: 

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/287441-london-on-film-seen-through-the-tourists-eye/

I started my thread with some street art from the East End around Brick Lane.

Edited by Sparkassenkunde
  • Like 5

Thank you very much Rog. I didn't know that painting which I like for several reasons. One is that I feel one should sometimes question why something is designated a weed. Take the dandelion for instance. It's so often hated particularly among those who own a lawn, but I find it delightful because of it being so big bright and cheerful and also because it goes through a fascinating metamorphosis during its lifetime, becoming all grey and fuzzy at the end, much like us humans haha. 

Very delicate! It reminds me of Albrecht Durer’s The Great Piece of Turf (1503), how for an artist the overlooked, the seemingly inconsequential, is really very consequential.

• Like 2

My daughter enveloped in the beautiful warm glow of the setting Jerusalem sun.

M-A, 50 lux asph, Portra 160 (lab scan)

Adam, great shot, with wonderful light and a very nice model!

• Like 1

Cleveland

Minox B, Agfa Copex

• Like 17

Cleveland

Minox B, Agfa Copex

• Like 11

Excellent shots Wayne! Do you manufacture the 8x11 films by yourself? I am asking because I own a LX (flea market found) in perfect condition but with no film and no battery included

Yes, I slit my own film and load it into used Minox Cassettes. It is not difficult, requiring nothing more than a slitter, scissors, and scotch tape. You are fortunate your LX came without battery, the corrosive effects of old mercury batteries can render the metering system useless. Unfortunately, the LX does require a battery to work at all. However, I think it the ultimate point and shoot camera. One common problem with LX can be a tendancy, due to dirt/debris, for the shutter blades to stick together at high speeds; this condition, if it exists with your camera, will manifest in blank frames. 

I believe the battery you need is a PX27A 

Both the plastic and ancient brass cassettes work in pretty much all Minox sub-miniature cameras.

Best

Wayne

• Like 3

Yes, I slit my own film and load it into used Minox Cassettes. It is not difficult, requiring nothing more than a slitter, scissors, and scotch tape. You are fortunate your LX came without battery, the corrosive effects of old mercury batteries can render the metering system useless. Unfortunately, the LX does require a battery to work at all. However, I think it the ultimate point and shoot camera. One common problem with LX can be a tendancy, due to dirt/debris, for the shutter blades to stick together at high speeds; this condition, if it exists with your camera, will manifest in blank frames. 

I believe the battery you need is a PX27A 

Both the plastic and ancient brass cassettes work in pretty much all Minox sub-miniature cameras.

Best

Wayne

Cool. How do you develop the film? I don't think Paterson make a System 4 tank for Minox! haha

If I were to try my Minox Riga, I'd def buy the film from Blue Moon Camera and have them develop it as well. I couldn't imagine fiddling around with that tiny slice of film!

• Like 1

Minox B, Agfa Copex

• Like 11

@Wayne: I will print the sliter and the battery container for 4xLR44 in 3d as replacement for the PX27A this week. The question is if the camera can be run with 6V? Maybe it’s a good idea to contact Minox and ask? I know that Minox still does the CLA for all Minox products

@Activatedfx: It’s possible to use the Paterson tanks for developing the 110 films by modifing the reels. There is a good instruction how to do that on youtube

Edited by Tmx
  • Like 3

@Wayne: I will 3d print the sliter and the battery container for 4xLR44 as replacement for the PX27A this week. The question is if the camera can be run with 6V? Maybe it’s a good idea to contact Minox and ask? I know that Minox still does the CLA for all Minox products

@Activatedfx: it’s possible to use the Paterson tanks for developing the 110 films by modifing the reels. There is a good instruction how to do that on youtube

Specs call for 5.6 Battery. DAG used to sell a converter, but is sold out.

Nikor made a reel specific to Minox 8x11. They do show up on Ebay occasionally.

30130249818_2fcbcea96a_b.jpg

Untitled by JM__, on Flickr

Been playing with a beaten up  japanese construction worker's camera., the P&S Konica HG 28  .

The first roll came out well, and combined with the swell of the Pacific ocean, it made Acros 100 look gritty !

43998811201_e549631a14_b.jpg

30130094808_ae811c996e_b.jpg

Cheers, JM

Edited by JMF