I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

oops .... here it is ..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

and my granddaughter Bea, on her dad's lap getting instructions from mom -- portra 400 leica m4 50mm summilux ..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Good stuff, Edward :)

Continuing with my study of light:43945481981_c3ec92fde2_b.jpgEnter at risk by -Steve Ricoh-

Really good, Steve. You have really found your mojo.

Going from the fuzzy to the more depictive, here's a grasshopper I shot in my mum's garden on Gotland in July. It was then, as in so many places in Europe, blisteringly hot and extremely dry so the lawn was brown and virtually devoid of life. Except that this little fellow, perhaps 2cm long, jumped away as I went for a walk and so I thought I should try to take his picture. It's remarkable how well they blend in with the environment. And perhaps not surprisingly the grasshoppers I see now in her garden, as I am visiting again and the grass has grown green, are green.

Ideally I would have wanted him larger in the frame using only the 80 Planar and 32/+16 tubes, but fear of another agile jump made me add the 2XE so as not to get too close. If you want to see the bug slightly larger, please have a look at the original scan (Provia 100).

42054420770_e4d796f286_b.jpg

Flickr

Love it, Philip. What’s your work flow for removing dust while scanning on your X1?

I snuck out today while a client was arguing internally about a project. haha

GW690iii + Provia 100F home developed using the FPP Arista Rapid E6 kit.

Still completely blown away by the quality of the GW690 and 6x9 chromes.

Blue bicycle with cinder block wall. John St., DUMBO Brooklyn.

DSC03278.jpg

Jane's Carousel. Brooklyn Bridge Park.

DSC03280.jpg

Lower Manhattan with police skiff, Brooklyn Bridge Park.

DSC03281.jpg

Great stuff, love it

On the topic of drought and the apparent lack of life in my mum's lawn, here's another proof that there was after all living things around. This flower had no problem at all surviving without rain for the better part of two months. I shot this in late July and the previous rain had fallen in early May. Nature is pretty incredible.

42054431770_89af9b2050_b.jpg

Flickr

80/2.8+2XE Provia 100 X1

Amazing

Cleveland

43928381862_aee50693bc_b.jpgCleveland by W P_, on Flickr

Minox B, Agfa Copex Rapid,

Love it, Wayne :)

Canal side living ...

https://luf-jnet.b-cdn.net/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif LEICA R8 -1000722.jpg

R8, Summicron-R 50, Kodak BW400CN

Beautiful, Robert

and my granddaughter Bea, on her dad's lap getting instructions from mom -- portra 400 leica m4 50mm summilux ..

Beautiful, Steve!
  • Like 8

Zaanse Schans / Netherlands

attachicon.gif201510_33_Zaanse-Schans_Niederlande.jpg

Leica R9, Elmarit R 1:2,8/ 24mm, Agfa Precisa 100

Best regards

Thomas

Zaanse Schans / Netherlands

attachicon.gif201510_35_Zaanse-Schans_Niederlande.jpg

Leica R9, Vario Elmar R 1:4/ 80-200mm, Agfa Precisa

Best regards

Thomas

Wow, Thomas, these are bombs! Congrats!

• Like 3

Thanks a lot Adam. I use the Ilford Antistaticum cloth which is very effective at preventing dust from settling on the film. I also wipe the lighttable and the film holder with that before mounting new strips. It works remarkably well and I can usually spot a scan within 30-60 sec. I should add that this is for less-than max resolution scans, so 1600dpi for MF and 3000 dpi for 35mm. Full-rez scans take longer but I only use that for specific purposes, such as when I want to print very large.

Love it, Philip. What’s your work flow for removing dust while scanning on your X1?

• Like 2

What a wonderful light for this portrait! Portra 160 would have been my choice for this setting, too. I will do some documentary shots at the wedding of one of my best friends next week and will use Portra 160 on this occasion, too.

Thanks, James. Portra 160 sounds like a good choice.

• Like 2

Hello,

... Unfortunately I crashed my camera in one of the London busses - now I have to search for a new rewind knob or will have to try to bend it into shape again. As of now it is blocked on every turn and must be turned manually when I use the lever to advance film. I am happy though, as I managed to shoot some rolls with this slightly dysfunctional camera.

annoying and good luck with the repair. I look forward to the pictures. 

Best regards 

Thomas

On the topic of drought and the apparent lack of life in my mum's lawn, here's another proof that there was after all living things around. This flower had no problem at all surviving without rain for the better part of two months. I shot this in late July and the previous rain had fallen in early May. Nature is pretty incredible.

42054431770_89af9b2050_b.jpg

Flickr

80/2.8+2XE Provia 100 X1

Very delicate! It reminds me of Albrecht Durer’s The Great Piece of Turf (1503), how for an artist the overlooked, the seemingly inconsequential, is really very consequential.

• Like 2