I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Schoodic Point, Maine

Leica M4-P, 35mm Summicron

HP-5

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

Violet Vent

M-A APO-Summilux-M 50mm LHSA Portra 400

• Like 11

Double Check

M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm LHSA Rollei Redbird

• Like 11

Red One Diptych

M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm LHSA Green Filter (left) Rollei Redbird

• Like 8

Advertisement (gone after registration)

:)

Bruna Stude with Her Work at Galerie 103, KauaiM-A Summilux-M 50mm ASPH. Black Chrome Portra 400Phil, here's another shot of Bruna with her comments about her abstract photography work. You would not guess that this piece started with photographs she takes scuba diving."My developing process is quite a bit unique as I work outdoors (it is what one is NOT supposed to do when developing a photograph!) but because the prints are so large, I have no choice but to work outside. Since the Sun is an enemy - I work at night or build a tunnel from Sintra sheets to transport my prints in a developing tub. My rinse process is done with the garden hose. I also use a juice from the lime of my own lime tree in my chemical mix to achieve deep blacks... leaves flying around and decomposing in my developing tubs change chemistry and are accidental natural matter that most of the time adds to my work and every once in a while is a disaster."Last year, she was invited to exhibit at the Songzchuan International Photography Biennial in BeijingPerhaps Adam will start thinking of polyptychs now. (No, they are not dinosaurs from Jurassic Park.)

I LOVE this one, Rog. The comors are sublime as is the pattern

Violet VentM-A APO-Summilux-M 50mm LHSA Portra 400

Edited by A miller
  • Like 1

Some energy from New York City (from 5th Avenue across from the Guggenheim museum)

SWC, Ilford Pan F 50

Oh, my! The Guggenheim now has a new trademark A. Miller photograph. So definitive! Art is the common denominator that withstands the rush of the city as civilization inches forward.

BTW thanks for the support on Violet Vent. Ventilation is always fun.

Explosive energy! That's wonderful Adam.

Oh, my! The Guggenheim now has a new trademark A. Miller photograph. So definitive! Art is the common denominator that withstands the rush of the city as civilization inches forward.

BTW thanks for the support on Violet Vent. Ventilation is always fun.

The motion gives me the idea the Guggenheim itself is spitting like a twister ... 

Cool!

Thanks, Gentleman! I just love the architecture of the Gugg... :)

Bruna with Brollie

M-A Summilux-M 50mm ASPH. Black Chrome Portra 400

Thank you Rog - those photographs look amazing! It makes me wonder what she did to get material like that scuba diving... but no matter how, they are incredible works. BTW your later ventilation and especially "Double Check" and "Red One Diptych" are straight out of the mind of the Alpha Soixante computer - wonderfully absorbed and observed!

Some energy from New York City (from 5th Avenue across from the Guggenheim museum)

SWC, Ilford Pan F 50

Oh wow oh wow oh wow! To capture such an enigmatic, famous building and to present it in an altogether original and new way - magic! And it really does look like it's its own twister - beware, denizens of 5th Avenue!

Edited by stray cat
  • Like 1