I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

He looks silly but that thing could have saved me some serious dry cleaning bills!   :D

NYC

Portra 400

M7/28

Should be entitled, "Sloppy Mess at Union Square". Great brunch place over his left shoulder!

I do worry for your safety with those 'looks'. Maybe it's the shock of the flash. Fuji Natura 1600 may be better for your health. Get some while you still can...

• Like 1

Should be entitled, "Sloppy Mess at Union Square". Great brunch place over his left shoulder!

I do worry for your safety with those 'looks'. Maybe it's the shock of the flash. Fuji Natura 1600 may be better for your health. Get some while you still can...

James - PLEASE PLEASE don't worry.  It's all good!!  I can assure you, no feelings are harmed in the making of my photos!!!  It's a fleeting fraction of a moment in time, which often lies!  R E L A X :) :)

PS:  Yes, the Blue Water Grill among many other places over yonder is highly recommended!

• Like 1

I recently acquired a Canon EOS 55, from my local Camera Fair.  It has an interesting panorama feature which must close a couple of blinds inside masking the negative and producing a black top and bottom to the image.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I presume before the likes of Lightroom etc, you would have returned the negative back to the lab and they would have cropped and enlarged the image to give the effect of a panorama.  Of course you can do this to any image now in a digital darkroom.

My cropped version ...

Canon EOS 55, Agfa Vista Plus 200

Edited by Bobitybob
  • Like 15

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's another from the fog series that I shot a few weeks ago.  

I am making a wet print on Ilford fiber paper.  Can I get suggestions on gloss or matte?  Normally, I would do gloss but the tonality and fog makes me think perhaps otherwise... Thanks in advance!

Brooklyn Bridge

SWC, Delta 100

attachicon.gifFog Brooklyn Bridge.jpg

Lovely photo, Adam. For me, "normally" would be matte. So, matte. 

• Like 1

Fantastic, Bill 

I recently acquired a Canon EOS 55, from my local Camera Fair.  It has an interesting panorama feature which must close a couple of blinds inside masking the negative and producing a black top and bottom to the image.

attachicon.gifCANON EOS 55-1000016a.jpg

I presume before the likes of Lightroom etc, you would have returned the negative back to the lab and they would have cropped and enlarged the image to give the effect of a panorama.  Of course you can do this to any image now in a digital darkroom.

My cropped version ...

attachicon.gifCANON EOS 55-1000016.jpg

Canon EOS 55, Agfa Vista Plus 200

Thanks, Pritam, very much for your opinion.

Lovely photo, Adam. For me, "normally" would be matte. So, matte. 

• Like 1

m6 1.4/35pre tri-x

Joachim

• Like 17

Guest Nowhereman

I keep on looking this picture when I want to remind myself that I like to shoot into the light — and shooting the back of a person doesn't bother me here. (M6/Summicron-35v4Tri-X/D76).

Per Steve's request for Kodak Gold 200 photos with better lighting, I coerced Captain to model.....Profile only.

attachicon.gifimg961.JPG

Nikkormat (Grossly undersold in this film revival in US) FT2, Schneider Retina Xenar 50mm 2.8, Kodak Gold 200

Thanks Wayne, I'm quite impressed with the colours (sorry, my brain won't allow me to drop the letter). Not quite Portra, but there's a respectful price difference.

Steve I agree Kodak Gold is still a nice color film

I'll post for you and Wayne some pictures with this film

taken in the 1990's

Wayne your companion the dog is really like real when watching

Color is faithful and beautiful

I found a forgotten photo from long ago:

p399298734-5.jpg

Venice, Italy 1986

Canon A1, FD 24mm f2.8 SSC, Fuji 100 ISO print film

Phil wonderful picture and the color is outstanding even in dark light condition

another good point for film

He looks silly but that thing could have saved me some serious dry cleaning bills!   :D

NYC

Portra 400

M7/28

Wonderful shot Adam as usual your style of street photos

Color is beautiful in addition . Film IS your support Adam

It's a demonstration for all of us in MF as in LF or 135

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 4

Here's another from the fog series that I shot a few weeks ago.  

I am making a wet print on Ilford fiber paper.  Can I get suggestions on gloss or matte?  Normally, I would do gloss but the tonality and fog makes me think perhaps otherwise... Thanks in advance!

Brooklyn Bridge

SWC, Delta 100

attachicon.gifFog Brooklyn Bridge.jpg

No right or wrong for me Adam, matte will be subtle, but I reckon gloss, the image is sharp, and the fog will soften it anyway, gloss for me.

Gary

• Like 2

No right or wrong for me Adam, matte will be subtle, but I reckon gloss, the image is sharp, and the fog will soften it anyway, gloss for me.

Gary

Thanks, Gary.  That's actually EXACTLY how I thought about it.   For the sake of being OCD about it, I think I am going to print on both and see for myself.  I might want to have 4-6 others from this series printed as well and it will help me not have to worry over those...

• Like 2