I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My granddaughter 3 mo old .... here are a few film pics ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

a couple more ...

• Like 16

Meanwhile, back in NY, Leica 6.2 80-200 zoom, practicing for safari --

• Like 17

another ...

• Like 19

I had somewhat of an epiphany last night as I was flipping through some random photos of "my people".  I stumbled over this (below) photo and then moved on to some others, including the one I just posted above.  I then came back to the below photo, because I am drawn to the rendition and the look of the lady (and the fact that the sun was behind her but her face is illuminated from the sun beaming off of the glass buildings in front of her).  Then I paused more over her outfit, and in particular her sunglasses.  Then I said, hey, I've seen this style of sunglasses before, and I flipped back to the photo I just posted above.  Then I said, hey, they are the same sunglasses!  THEN, I looked more closely at the woman's coat and I observed that it looked very similar to the coat worn by the woman above.  THEN, I finally caught on to the fact that the woman looks just like the woman in the above photo!  I'm not 100% certain, but I think that might be the case.   The photos were taken months apart and I think it's rather funny :)

M3, 50 DR cron, Tri-X @800 pushed 1/5 stops

I can't tell, if it is the same woman, but your article brought back the memory of a photography project I read about not long ago:

https://www.tbwbooks.com/products/42nd-and-vanderbilt

The photographer, danish resident Peter Funch, worked nine years on this project.

Edited by Sparkassenkunde
  • Like 6

Orange is the new green, during this Winter hill walk in Wales ...

Canon EOS 5, Kodak Portra 400

• Like 15

I can't tell, if it is the same woman, but your article brought back the memory of a photography project I read about not long ago:

https://www.tbwbooks.com/products/42nd-and-vanderbilt

The photographer, danish resident Peter Funch, worked nine years on this project.

Very interesting, James.  I don't know whether I'd want to admit to shooting people twice lest I be accused of stalking most people I see in the morning.  But I could also write a book.... :)  Perhaps I'd call it "Pathetic" :)

In addition to the above here are a couple more (plenty more where these come from)

• Like 17

Very interesting, James.  I don't know whether I'd want to admit to shooting people twice lest I be accused of stalking most people I see in the morning.  But I could also write a book.... :)  Perhaps I'd call it "Pathetic" :)

In addition to the above here are a couple more (plenty more where these come from)

attachicon.gifmemory-2.jpg

attachicon.gifmemory.jpg

attachicon.gifmemory-3.jpg

I think we've had the story about the black girl before. What did the curly haired lady have to say with you pointing both your finger and camera? I'm guessing she'd be quite polite and wished you a good day. :)

It would be interesting to be a fly on your camera!

• Like 2

I think we've had the story about the black girl before. What did the curly haired lady have to say with you pointing both your finger and camera? I'm guessing she'd be quite polite and wished you a good day. :)

It would be interesting to be a fly on your camera!

As I recall, she's pretty into herself and doesn't mind me or of much else surrounding her.  :)

• Like 1

Well done Ray, and great that you've joined our little gang. All looks good to me so keep up the good work and post more. Just ask questions if you want, most of us have walked the same path fumbling around with things in the dark (developing film, I hasten to add :D ) and settings in obscure scanner software.

br

Philip

Newbie film developer here.  Did my first batch a few months ago and recently developed my second batch and I thought I'd post a few scans.  M3, 50mm DR, HP5+ @ 400, DD-X, Epson V600.  Don't look too close because I tried to hang two rolls of film in the shower to dry and accidentally dropped them.  The worst part is I tried to wipe off the crud with dry fingers.  Also, just got the V600 and still fumbling with settings.  

This is a shot I took at a Tesla store.  It sounds odd to call a car dealer a store but that is what this was -- retail store-front sitting between a jewelry store and luggage shop.  One car on display and a demo parked out front.  The two salesmen were very kind and one of them immediately recognized my camera model.  

Wow, the similarity is striking Adam. What would really have been creepy is if the person following her would have been the same.

I had somewhat of an epiphany last night as I was flipping through some random photos of "my people".  I stumbled over this (below) photo and then moved on to some others, including the one I just posted above.  I then came back to the below photo, because I am drawn to the rendition and the look of the lady (and the fact that the sun was behind her but her face is illuminated from the sun beaming off of the glass buildings in front of her).  Then I paused more over her outfit, and in particular her sunglasses.  Then I said, hey, I've seen this style of sunglasses before, and I flipped back to the photo I just posted above.  Then I said, hey, they are the same sunglasses!  THEN, I looked more closely at the woman's coat and I observed that it looked very similar to the coat worn by the woman above.  THEN, I finally caught on to the fact that the woman looks just like the woman in the above photo!  I'm not 100% certain, but I think that might be the case.   The photos were taken months apart and I think it's rather funny :)

M3, 50 DR cron, Tri-X @800 pushed 1/5 stops

Great shots Steve, in particular the one where's smiling.

a couple more ...

Great strong composition here Bob, very nice indeed.

Orange is the new green, during this Winter hill walk in Wales ...

attachicon.gifCANON EOS 5-1000725.jpg

Canon EOS 5, Kodak Portra 400

• Like 4

Very interesting, James. I don't know whether I'd want to admit to shooting people twice lest I be accused of stalking most people I see in the morning. But I could also write a book.... :) Perhaps I'd call it "Pathetic" :)

attachicon.gifmemory-2.jpg

attachicon.gifmemory.jpg

attachicon.gifmemory-3.jpg

I think you need to start shooting in a different neighborhood at a different time of day. Or else carry a model release form with you :-)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you need to start shooting in a different neighborhood at a different time of day. Or else carry a model release form with you :-)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are unlimited people everywhere in every place here.  It never ceases to amaze me.  I just take a lot of photos.  I could show you 5000 photos of different people from lower manhattan; and I have a day job :)

Edited by A miller
  • Like 1

There are unlimited people everywhere in every place here.  It never ceases to amaze me.  I just take a lot of photos.  I could show you 5000 photos of different people from lower manhat

True, but if stand on street corner in Manhattan at the same time of day everyday, especially during commuting hours, I will get some doubles. Personally, I am impressed by your memory that you recognized some of these people from earlier pictures. I can tell you that i honestly could never do that, especially for people like this who basically blend in with everyone else. Well done!