I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Fantastic selfie. Out of curiosity where were you snowboarding?

Reflected selfie:

attachicon.gifBild-1-155.jpg

Minilux - Fuji Superia 100

Lovely colours, Otto. I see we're neighbours; I'm in The Hague too. And I agree with you, Provia 100 is special. Not always easy to find but razor sharp and with quite a bit of latitude for post-processing, I find.

br

Philip

I'm in the process of determining what color film I like for my LF camera, with 6x6 film in a (Tele) Rolleiflex, because it's a bit expensive to do that decision process on LF. Hereby I confess that Provia100 is my great love thus far. I never did quite well with color negative film, neither in the pre-digital era. Somehow I always stumbled over noise and grain, which can also occur in slide film but never really disliked there.

This one was made with a Tele Rolleiflex with Rolleinar 0.35, with no postprocessing at all after scanning. I cannot remember getting so rich and natural colors with any digital camera thus far.

Fantastic selfie. Out of curiosity where were you snowboarding?

br

Philip

Thanks :) We were in Austria in the "Ziilertal Arena". We are going to Gerlosplatte since almost twenty years now and since last year my boys are good and fast enough on their skiers to ride the whole arena. We where doing from 50 to more than 70 kilometers a day this year. Here another impression, different camera and film:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Rollei Prego micron - Agfa Vista 100 (long expired)

• Like 15

I had an in and out type of visit to London at the end of last year and spent the evening wandering around with my camera. I shot this on expired Portra 400VC at EI100. It's about a 60% crop of the full frame.

Red Eye

40296811711_3aa5cfb780_b.jpg

Flickr

80 Planar

Fantastic colors in this picture. It is very impressive, how good even very long expired film stock holds its quality, even if sometimes some digital post processing comes in handy.

• Like 2

Sun burning through the film layers:

Rollei Prego micron (24mm) - Agfa Vista 100

• Like 15

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Cheers!

Rollei Prego micron - Agfa Vista 100

• Like 14

Thanks James and Christoph. Yes this old film held up quite well. It was a bit of a gamble.

Fantastic colors in this picture. It is very impressive, how good even very long expired film stock holds its quality, even if sometimes some digital post processing comes in handy.

Great reflection and composition. Looks very fine-grained too that film, esp. given the speed.

25451987867_bd0cddb41d_b.jpgReflection by W P_, on Flickr

IID, Canon 50mm 1.4, Svema 400

Haha very funny. Looks like a bit of bench yoga.

public sports  :p

post-16366-0-42080500-1449319473.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks James and Christoph. Yes this old film held up quite well. It was a bit of a gamble.

Great reflection and composition. Looks very fine-grained too that film, esp. given the speed.

Haha very funny. Looks like a bit of bench yoga.

It is the Russian/Ukranian Svema 400 film. Diafine Developer. 

• Like 1

That's a very good result with Diafine. I've not used it with that film but with Double-X, Tri-X and a few others and find that it makes the grain a bit mushy (to use a technical term :ph34r: ). On this image the grain looks much better.

It is the Russian/Ukranian Svema 400 film. Diafine Developer. 

• Like 2

Guest Nowhereman

These are "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" pictures: noon, bright, harsh light, shot on Tri-X @ 400, exposed at f/8 and 1/1000, but with a yellow filter, so the equivalent exposure would be f/8 at 1/2000. This is a roadside fruit market on Highway 118, from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai in Northern Thailand. As the colors are extremely bright, it seems to me B&W is not ideal for this — perhaps this should be higher contrast. (Shot with Summicron 35v4).

The market is run by Muso hill tribe people, whose villages are on a very steep, winding road (fun to drive) running up the mountain that was behind me when I took the pictures,

Graflex Speed Graphic, 0.3mm pinhole at 135mm. Ilford HP5.

This is my first pinhole photo, I think I did OK. :)

• Like 15