I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I see a touch of Meyerowitz , maybe.

ha ha, too meaningless and random for Meyerowitz.  More like Winogrand :)

The location, shadows and colour is very Meyerowitz but I think Adam is right that the vibe is more Winogrand. Maybe we should describe it as a bit Meyerogrand or Winowitz?

• Like 2

The location, shadows and colour is very Meyerowitz but I think Adam is right that the vibe is more Winogrand. Maybe we should describe it as a bit Meyerogrand or Winowitz?

Or à la Miller !?

Of course, but I don't think Adam will be offended by the comparison with two masters of the art.

Sure thing.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

ha ha, too meaningless and random for Meyerowitz.  More like Winogrand :)

Maybe so :) think I've read that you mimic the man (Winogrand) using a similar twitch of the head and looking at the camera like somethings wrong... in so doing confusing others, esp. the subjects of the frame. But you have to admit learning from Meyerowitz in that it's 'your frame' and the disparate actors not knowing that they are part of the action/interaction with others they haven't met or possibly noticed in that fraction of a second. The beauty of photography on the street.
  • Like 1

Beautiful portrait, Steve.  Each expression is priceless.

and here is my sweetheart the new Nana with the man who stole her heart -- can't say I blame her. Eastman XX shot at ISO200 90mm Summicron R with my Leica R6.2 (wonderful camera) .....

Thanks, Philip. :)

Meyerowitz, schmeyerowitz - this is pure Miller methinks. Great shot.

Very nice, Philip.  I really like the first one.  The colors in the sky are wonderful and very natural.

Two pictures from Stockholm in September, both with 50/1.4A on Portra 160 at EI80.

38837615531_669045ec60_b.jpg

Flickr

Kastellet and the Gröna Lund amusement park

Flickr

USS Oscar Austin (DDG-79), an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer

Thanks, Ian.  You are very astute. And funny :)

Of course, but I don't think Adam will be offended by the comparison with two masters of the art.

Thanks, Steve.  You are also very astute.  I really like how Joel branched out his photography and tackled/s projects of many formats and genres.  He seemed/s to reinvent himself many times.  He is also quite articulate and always makes things sound glorious.  I must say, though, that I haven't really taken a deep dive into a study of Joel's work.   But I should.   Winogrand, on the other hand, was - in my view - somewhat pathetic with his compulsion.  Sometimes I think about that side of it when I am taking photos of random people.  Sometimes I get a look from someone that clearly conveys that they think I am pathetic.  But if the photo works I think a convincing argument can be made that it actually isn't pathetic.  But if it doesn't work, I conversely think that it can be pathetic.  The predicament comes at the point of taking the photo, when you really don't know... 

Maybe so :) think I've read that you mimic the man (Winogrand) using a similar twitch of the head and looking at the camera like somethings wrong... in so doing confusing others, esp. the subjects of the frame. But you have to admit learning from Meyerowitz in that it's 'your frame' and the disparate actors not knowing that they are part of the action/interaction with others they haven't met or possibly noticed in that fraction of a second. The beauty of photography on the street.

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I watched this fascinating process in Mandalay, unfolded in three frames here... hammering little bits of gold into leaf for offering at temples, sticking it to revered statues

One of three

Ilford HP5.

Edited by Suede
  • Like 11

Two of three

• Like 12

Three of three

• Like 19

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Right off the scanner with a drop shadow added.............I love shooting LF

Chamonix 4x5 Edkar 100 self developed in C41

• Like 15

Absolutely awesome shot, from the composition to the small details in the foliage of the tree, to the tones. I used to row and this reminds me of the feeling. 

Philipus - thanks. I am currently a rower (started 2 years ago), and since we had a fog delay I took the opportunity to walk around with the Rolleiflex. In fact, I won my first gold medal at this regatta (and also took a silver). It's amazing the transformation I have made in my fitness since I began rowing.

Cheers

Edited by gnuyork
  • Like 2

l‘île rousse

mp, 35 asph, bw 400 cn

Forty years ago we moved from the relatively balmy (weather-wise, if one ignores its horizontal rain!) of the Isle of Anglesey off the west coast of the UK, right across to the other side of the country to a small village in North Norfolk - which provided No. 1 son with his first experience of snow.  (Pentax ME Super & Agfachrome transparencies).

38342027074_bdcaa8e6d3_b.jpg

The village centre with Infants' School on the left.

38342027194_6b799c0544_b.jpg

• Like 19

Broken boardwalk ...

Canon T60, FD 1:2.8/24, Kodak Double X @250 ISO and developed in Ilfosol 3 1:4

One from my first couple of rolls of Double X which I also rolled from bulk so a double x for me.  Not sure about exposing at 250 as a lot of the frames from both rolls (different cameras) appeared to be over exposed.  I think I'll try 200 ISO for the next role and use Rodinal as the developer to give me a comparison.  Enjoyed the rolling experience though and I'm sure I'll give that another try in the future.

• Like 12