I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

These are really great, Philip.  I especially love the first.  It has a classic poetic Shakesperean twist to it.  The second is also really nice from a documentary perspective, but very strong (i.e., with the entire family looking on which gives a generational aspect to a historic geo political development) (I think it could use a little more pop in the whites as it is a little pale compared to the first).

Last three from Fotografiska, promise.

23972212917_b7182b9b5a_b.jpg

Flickr

38074303155_6a9ccf4026_b.jpg

Flickr

Flickr

Here's the next shot for the record, Gary. Not too interesting, though. The chap in the middle is the flying ninja; he made the jump alright, landing a tad awkwardly but recovering quite respectably to finish off with the panache and fluid grace of a well-honed gymnast.   :)

A couple of his mates joined him to be in the photo but they emerged less spectacularly.

attachicon.gif 3+1.jpg

T-Max 100

Your message with the photo is very heart warming, Wayne. I really like the photo.   I see there are many planes on which the leveling could be based.  You might try to level the image according to the path that the people are on as that is the main focal point.  It seems slightly tilted based on this plane to my eye, but I could be wrong.  

Fatherhood.

A last ride with the princess, before Winter sets in.

attachicon.gif img385-2.JPG

Leica SL, Schneider PA Curtagon 35mm 1:4, Fuji Superia 200

• Like 2

Staying with these novice monks at their school in Vientiane, here's another willing subject with a happy face; same roll of T-Max 100.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 17

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment, Adam, and especially for your comment about the whites in the second one. For some reason the white balance was different on that one than the others even though I used identical settings in Vuescan and (I think) the same shutter speed and aperture when taking the shot. I tried to adjust it in post but it clearly needs more attention.

br

Philip

These are really great, Philip.  I especially love the first.  It has a classic poetic Shakesperean twist to it.  The second is also really nice from a documentary perspective, but very strong (i.e., with the entire family looking on which gives a generational aspect to a historic geo political development) (I think it could use a little more pop in the whites as it is a little pale compared to the first).

• Like 2

Sorry, I had meant to remark on this very good photo but I neglected to input my comment.  It is wonderful.  And I especially like how each man has his own preference for style of sandal :)  Something tells me that there's more to that than meets the eye :)

Suede, on 10 Dec 2017 - 10:04, said:snapback.png

Here's the next shot for the record, Gary. Not too interesting, though. The chap in the middle is the flying ninja; he made the jump alright, landing a tad awkwardly but recovering quite respectably to finish off with the panache and fluid grace of a well-honed gymnast.    :)

A couple of his mates joined him to be in the photo but they emerged less spectacularly.

attachicon.gif 3+1.jpg

T-Max 100

Both are very good, Edward.  Those horns are very sensually intimidating!  What animals are those??

Two older shots from last March:

38076911905_2660dc0c21_o.jpgM7 ZM 50/2 Delta 400 by edward karaa, on Flickr

27185611439_e26e539e3e_o.jpgM7 ZM 50/2 Delta 400 by edward karaa, on Flickr

• Like 2

Sorry, I had meant to remark on this very good photo but I neglected to input my comment. It is wonderful. And I especially like how each man has his own preference for style of sandal :) Something tells me that there's more to that than meets the eye :)

Suede, on 10 Dec 2017 - 10:04, said:snapback.png

Both are very good, Edward. Those horns are very sensually intimidating! What animals are those??

Thank you Adam! They’re Thai buffaloes.

• Like 1

Here's a sunrise vista over New York City in the heart of Fall

Bursting vibrant colors c/o Ektar (6x9)

Linhof Technika Press 23, 53mm Zeiss Biogon

Fall Vista Adam Miller1.jpg

Fantastic photo. Should be printed very large to fully appreciate its details and beauty.

• Like 3

Thanks, Adam. Your reading is right, there's always more than what meets the eye. You know how it can be with robes and monk-y business...  ;)

Anyway, pushing on a bit more with things austere and zen, here's a couple of none-too-emaciated alms-squad members doing their humble morning round. Offerings are always made with deep reverence...

Ayutthaya, Thailand

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M4 Adox Silvermax 100

• Like 13

Thanks, Adam. Your reading is right, there's always more than what meets the eye. You know how it can be with robes and monk-y business... ;)

Anyway, pushing on a bit more with things austere and zen, here's a couple of none-too-emaciated alms-squad members doing their humble morning round. Offerings are always made with deep reverence...

Ayutthaya, Thailand

Alms.jpg

M4 Adox Silvermax 100

Great documentary work in my neck of the woods Suede. I especially like this shot due the monk’s serious face expression. Edited by edwardkaraa
  • Like 1

Thanks, Edward.  There is indeed a lot of detail in this one!  Wish I could share a larger version!

Fantastic photo. Should be printed very large to fully appreciate its details and beauty.

Very funny !

Thanks, Adam. Your reading is right, there's always more than what meets the eye. You know how it can be with robes and monk-y business...  ;)

Ayutthaya, Thailand

attachicon.gifAlms.jpg

M4 Adox Silvermax 100

• Like 1

Your message with the photo is very heart warming, Wayne. I really like the photo.   I see there are many planes on which the leveling could be based.  You might try to level the image according to the path that the people are on as that is the main focal point.  It seems slightly tilted based on this plane to my eye, but I could be wrong.  

No. You are right. That is the top of a levy, and should be level in photo. Thanks.

Wayne