I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just in case anyone was wondering what happens when you have an unnoticed piece of tape floating around an A12 film magazine whilst you merrily keep shooting rolls of film, this is the type of abstract input it provides (actually it provided slightly different dances for each frame of the 2 rolls I've developed so far) :rolleyes: .

I first noticed that 1 roll had only a short piece of tape when I went to seal an exposed roll of Delta 100, but the piece that was there was cut, not torn, so i didn't think much more about it. It was windy, with sand blowing around, so i wasn't spending a lot of time peering into the empty magazine between roll changes.

903 - Delta 100...

It's the unpredictability of film photography that adds an extra dimension and hence the appeal.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just in case anyone was wondering what happens when you have an unnoticed piece of tape floating around an A12 film magazine whilst you merrily keep shooting rolls of film, this is the type of abstract input it provides (actually it provided slightly different dances for each frame of the 2 rolls I've developed so far) :rolleyes: .

I first noticed that 1 roll had only a short piece of tape when I went to seal an exposed roll of Delta 100, but the piece that was there was cut, not torn, so i didn't think much more about it. It was windy, with sand blowing around, so i wasn't spending a lot of time peering into the empty magazine between roll changes.

903 - Delta 100...

38916473002_973182cb3d_b.jpgZ001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

UFO

• Like 3

The next shot would have been interesting too, did he make the jump OK, or flat on his face?

Looks an ungainly dismount regardless.

Gary

Here's the next shot for the record, Gary. Not too interesting, though. The chap in the middle is the flying ninja; he made the jump alright, landing a tad awkwardly but recovering quite respectably to finish off with the panache and fluid grace of a well-honed gymnast.  :)

A couple of his mates joined him to be in the photo but they emerged less spectacularly.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

T-Max 100

• Like 15

Fatherhood.

A last ride with The Princess, before Winter sets in.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica SL, Schneider PA Curtagon 35mm 1:4, Fuji Superia 200

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 15

Thanks, Patrick.  It's total polluted schmootzy smoke but it creates a nice mood for a photo :)

Daayyuum !

Crazy nice.

Movie / ad scene. 

love it. 

Thanks, Wayne.  And very funny - you had me laughing and imagining him running off to short banana futures, perhaps missing the chance (by a fraction of a second) to bump into his soul-mate! :)

That is an incredible shot. I don't know if it is a fact, but I have heard the DR 50 Summicron is one of the sharpest lenses Leica has made. This seems to support that opinion. It looks like he is not entirely pleased with the banana.......Or maybe its a bad market report.

Thanks

Thanks, Edward!

All elements fall nicely in place. Great eye and timing Adam.

I really like this one.  The shapes and textures (e.g., in the glass cups) really work well together.

Tea time

NIkon FG / 50mm Pancake / Kentmere 100

tumblr_p0q9lrd2Nn1vjphu4o1_1280.jpg

Ha ha, looks like she is going in the wrong direction as well by the looks of the arrow painted on the street.   :)

Get on your bike

M6TTL

Thanks, Philip.  Yes, we have smoke coming out of many places here in NYC :)

Wow there seems to be a lot of smoke everywhere in Manhattan. Really dramatic Adam.

Thanks, Eoin.  Yes, I am sooooooo ready for the snow :)

Plenty of drama (or melodrama) going on there, Adam. Your street skills are fully intact, ready for the blizzards ahead.

Nice work, Greg and congrats on the successful development.

First roll I've home developed in 21 years. Happy with the results mostly. Few bad frames, but mostly ok.

38243187164_00ea0d3106_b.jpgNkMax_K400_GM_0 (9).jpg by Greg.May, on Flickr

• Like 3