I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A morning high key view of the Reservoir Lake in Central Park, NYC

Linhof Technika Press 23, 53mm Zeiss Biogon, T-Max 400 6x9, red filter

Central Park Silhouettes by Adam Miller1.jpg

Excellent, Adam! Great creative decision to silhouette the skyline.

• Like 1

Done it, and quite happy with XP2 exposed at EI 200, semi-stand developed in Rodinal 1+100 for an hour (six inversions at the start and at 30 minutes).There is an example of my friend and colleague, Dan, on that page in the link. I have been trying to develop (!) regimes for XP2 that work as if it were a silver halide film: push it, pull it etc. Why? Almost no grain whatever the EI.

Wow! Beautiful results, Chris. I particularly like the subtle tones in the highlights of the photo of Dan. I have 1 roll left in the fridge, and it looks like it's destined for low ISO and stand developing. Ilford have an unintentional salesman in the making.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Agfa Ambi Silette, Agfa Color-Ambion 35mm f4, Fuji 100 Superia

• Like 18

Rural Skyline.

Agfa Ambi Silette, 35mm F4 Agfa Color-Ambion, Fuji Superia 100

• Like 14

That's an interesting aspect, Mike. I have the same thing with many of my photo's (often after I view them on here - which shows my lack of self-filtering). Somehow they don't connect with my vision at the time. I do find, though, that they often grow on me after time, perhaps as the original vision dissipates, and is replaced by the permanency of the image.

What is it that provides the disconnect for you in your 2 recent photo's (both of which look very good to me, and match my memories of the Seine)?

I find these photos to be both too contrasty and too flat, the highlights are blown, the shadows have no detail, yet the mid tones are a flat neutral grey also with no detail. This lens is a recent acquisition and I've only shot 2 rolls with it so far, both being T-Max 400, I'm going to try a few more films and see if I can find something that produces a result I like better. I have a feeling Fomapan 400 may be good, if not I'll try some slower films starting with FP4.

• Like 1

Yet another format:

Tessina Camera, half frame 35mm, Fuji Superia 100, Sub-Miniature

• Like 11

Thanks, Gentlemen... :) 

Wow, stunning water shot Adam, Love it.

Gary

Excellent, Adam! Great creative decision to silhouette the skyline.

This is wonderful, Adam. Definitely wall-hanging material. Well seen and executed.

• Like 2

Something I found on my hard drive this morning ;-)

Mamiya ZM, Sekor E 4/200, Ilford Delta 100

• Like 12

The Eye of Sauron

• Like 15

Well, I have capitulated, sort of, there is plenty implosion/explosion going on, why not join in.

I'd hankered/lusted after an SWC for about 50 years, and located one last year, enjoying it.

I had also had the same desires for a nice Pen FT, and the urge got too strong recently, with a few of the more persuasive members posting images from them.

Now have a pair, not one, a pair, some people never learn. Plus a 25mm and a 38mm. As they were new to me, I felt the need to establish that they indeed worked, so snapped a few random shots yesterday.

Pen F

Olympus 25mm f4

Tri-X

R09 1:50

Plustek 8100.

Gary

• Like 14

Well, I have capitulated, sort of, there is plenty implosion/explosion going on, why not join in.

I'd hankered/lusted after an SWC for about 50 years, and located one last year, enjoying it.

I had also had the same desires for a nice Pen FT, and the urge got too strong recently, with a few of the more persuasive members posting images from them.

Now have a pair, not one, a pair, some people never learn. Plus a 25mm and a 38mm. As they were new to me, I felt the need to establish that they indeed worked, so snapped a few random shots yesterday.

Pen F

Olympus 25mm f4

Tri-X

R09 1:50

Plustek 8100.

Gary

Thanks for posting, Gary. I can hardly wait for my own FT to arrive - I have so many plans, light permitting.
  • Like 1