TriX 400 @ 200 in Perceptol

attachicon.gif011-2-Edit-2.jpg

Thanks Pete :)

Texture of grains is different . Lines seem a little sharper in TX

White is also different a bit 

... I'll test TMax and TX with my 2 cameras to confirm this

Best

Henry

I don't remember if I posted this photo before, I did a search and couldn't find it though so I'm guessing I may not have, apologies if I did.

1998, Ricoh XR-X 3PF, Ricoh 50mm lens. The film would have been a Fuji 100 print film. This image is from a Kodak Photo CD, sadly, that and some prints is all I have left, the original negative is lost

attachicon.gifIMG0008.jpg

Color is superb

It's the first time you post this picture

Thanks for posting

Henry

• Like 1

Terrific.

The picture below was taken from where the people in your shot are standing.

Michael and Mike ... perhaps we will meet one day here :)

Nice b&w picture Michael

Cov Garden 2015

Leica M7-Kodak Portra 160-28 Summicron Asph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Best

Henry

• Like 10

I don't agree Mike. Up to 1600 ISO if you deveolpe the XP in HC-110 1+49 there is no other film like that. Chris (chrism) has also presented his photos on XP2 in this thread. My experience up to 800 ISO is the same. I wish this film one could buy as a 4x5" sheet but unfortunately that's not the case

Thank you for this, Tmx. My regular combo is Tri-X in HC-110, but I've got a few rolls of XP2 that I have not used because I didn't want to bother with outside processing. I'll try Chris' method. As winter arrives and days darken, 1600 will come in handy.

John

• Like 1

This is a screenshot of Chris discussion on apug.org. The process is pretty easy:

07695c526b55b57ac0bc72252bd3ea9c.png

Hmm. That looks familiar.

Just got back from 1000km in the 26 year old Miata. Lots of hill climbs and hairpin bends. Did the whole thing with the roof down as the weather co-operated nicely. Development starts tomorrow!

C.

• Like 4

@John: Yes, give it a shot and do not wonder about the purple look of the negatives as I did [emoji6]

@Chris: welcome back and I am waiting for the new pics

Best regards

Jakob

Edited by Tmx

Thank you for this, Tmx. My regular combo is Tri-X in HC-110, but I've got a few rolls of XP2 that I have not used because I didn't want to bother with outside processing. I'll try Chris' method. As winter arrives and days darken, 1600 will come in handy.

John

1600 worked fine for me using 120 film, but I don't think I have tried it with 35mm yet. Keep away from using 3200 - it can work, and when it does it is fine, but the slightest degree of underexposure will slam you quite hard into the toe of the curve, and you will have a black negative. I was getting about 1/4 of the frames on a roll OK, and the rest all black.

C.

• Like 4

In digitalizing some 400 mainly Kodachrome transparencies, I found that the BEOON + M10 + Focotar-2 50mm combination works well, with results similar to that of the Imacon Precsion III scanner (6,300ppi and 4.2 dMax) that I used some years ago — surprisingly with less color correction needed. Unfortunately, I never tried digitalizing slides with the M9 that I used previously, but I assume that the greater dynamic range of the M10 is a major factor.

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

Honcho gave a very informative diagnosis of what went wrong in the slide being discussed here

I’m afraid judging by a lot of the images you’ve posted here and in other threads, many of which strike me as having blown highlights and dense, blocked shadow areas, I find it hard to believe the figures you claim for dmax range - in spite of the fact that I’ve seen you repeat them (or especially the alleged superiority to the Imacon) in almost every single one of your posts discussing the matter.

Would be nice to look through the ‘I like film’ thread at least, without having to put up with this endless repetition that you often cross-post in multiple other threads anyway.

• Like 2

Guest Nowhereman
...I’m afraid judging by a lot of the images you’ve posted here and in other threads, many of which strike me as having blown highlights and dense, blocked shadow areas, I find it hard to believe the figures you claim for dmax range - in spite of the fact that I’ve seen you repeat them (or especially the alleged superiority to the Imacon) in almost every single one of your posts discussing the matter.

Would be nice to look through the ‘I like film’ thread at least, without having to put up with this endless repetition that you often cross-post in multiple other threads anyway.

Actually, the slide digitalizations I've posted with blown highlights or dense, blocked shadow areas are all from slides taken in harsh tropical light; and these areas that offend you so much have exactly the same blown highlights or blocked shadow areas that the original slide has. I have not said that digitalizing with the M10 produces more dMax than with my old Imacon: only that I was surprised that, generally, the M10 digitalizations needed less color correction than the Imacon scans. On the other hand, your last, dyspeptic sentence speaks for itself. 

I made the last post above simply because several people expressed problems they were having in scanning slides, and I thought that they might want to know that there is a solution using camera digitalization.

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

Soggy Sunday here, time to bring some cheer.

Rolleiflex T

Ektachrome 100

Epson 4870

Gary

• Like 19

Thanks, Steve.  Of course they allow tripods. With tens of thousands of Bar Mitzvahs per year there - how else do they capture those precious moments? :)

they let you set up a tripod to take that picture? i am amazed, happily. cinestill120 -- no schmootz?

Thanks, Christoph.   

Adam,

Nice idea, nicely implemented. You can observe the effector the missing anti-halation layer of Cinestill in the surrounding of the whites of the chair. 

rgds

C.

Thanks, Gary. :)

I love the slight movement

Fantastic, Mark.  I have been meaning to try this.   Do you recall the exposure time?

Disused observatory 

Mt Stromlo, Canberra

Plaubel-Makina 67, Ektar 100

Beautiful!  I really enjoy this whimsical airy feeling from the Velvia.  You've managed to avoid strong magentas with your long exposure, which I find very oft-putting.

Gone fishing...

Sydney, Turimetta Beach

Hasselblad, 80mm, Velvia

Ramesh

Beautiful!

Winter is coming

Portra 400 

Nicely composed, Christoph.

Lyon

attachicon.gif170804_1_LeicaMini_0025.jpg

Leica Mini, Polypan50@100, ns

Rgds

C.

The branches hovering over the castle works very well, Henry.  Really nice!

Chambord Castle

May 2017

.... and walkers like in the time of King François 1st

Kodak TX400-Leica MP- 50 Summilux Asph

Contrast and black-grey of Kodak TX are great and the nuance of black and grey

is fabulous with this film.

Best

Henry

Great colors, James!

Another one from Le Mont-Saint-Michel:

Minilux - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

• Like 4

Covent Garden, London

Leica M2, DR Summicron 50, Ilford HP5, HC-110 B

Let's see how many people have also taken this shot shall we? :)

• Like 13

Wife and twin daughter #1 for dinner.

Minox B, Delta 100

• Like 13