I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advantage to have two M cameras color and monochrom :)

Leica MP-35 Lux Asph-Kodak TX400

With Kodak TX400  I begin to love b&w . The nuance in grey tone

has something magic

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica M7-35 Summicron Asph-Kodak Portra 160

A ballad on coach

Castle Fontainebleau

July 2017

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 9

Advantage to have two M cameras color and monochrom :)

Leica MP-35 Lux Asph-Kodak TX400

With Kodak TX400  I begin to love b&w . The nuance in grey tone

has something magic

attachicon.gifImage9fontainkodtxmp++++550.jpg

A ballad on coach

Castle Fontainebleau

July 2017

Best

Henry

In Monochrom , look at the picture of leaves on trees of french forum member Robert

taken with the MM1  "Petit matin sur le Vidourle" (landscape lower page) corrected in SE

and compare with "soft" leaves in film

http://www.summilux.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=49653&start=7605

I hate this texture of leaves and general rendering , not natural , too much "synthesis

image"

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

excellent light on this one, Phil.  Executed perfectly!

Some backlight (and real seagulls) for Henry:

p2471498557-5.jpg

Goélands

M2, 50mm Elmar (1965), XP2+

wow, really crisp and clean scans.  well done!

Traveling.  

Leica M6 TTL Ilford XP2

"Beginning of a long walk"

20712742201_01223a55ba_b.jpg

"End of a long walk"

20519187689_07431b9715_b.jpg

"Preferred means of travel"

20679677956_6944b5f6ec_b.jpg

• Like 4

@ Henry

1.No, they are not anxious in an actual sens, they are looking at a video installation on documenta14 showing different aspects of dictatorship inclusive Trump and Erdogan.

2. Since Monday I develop  even colour films on my own. There is laboratory very close, they do in in about 2-3 hours, but I was to often disapointed about their quality.

m6 1.4/35 portra400

Rgds

Joachim

• Like 13

I'm still here in scorching Israel and have been shooting mostly with my Hasselblads, the SWC and 503CW as well as my 80 planar and 250 superachromat, as well as with my 16mm tube (which I finally got the hang of!) and Mutar 2X teleconverter (which has come in handy for some tightly framed scenes that I had been wanted to capture)

Whew - that's a mouthful, and I didn't even mention the M3 and 50 DR cron that I've been shooting mostly family snaps with (my M-A and 28mm have been mostly sitting idle...)!

I trekked to the Dead Sea the past two mornings for the sunrise. Woke at 3:15am to make the 90 minute drive to the lowest point on earth and get in position for the first colors reflecting on the oily water.

The long windy roads and stars-galore night sky is a sight to see. And the sunrise? Worth how every ounce of sleep deprivation.

Here are a couple of iPhone snaps. I managed to grab some photos with each of my SWC (38mm) and 80mm and 250mm and used Provia 100F, Velvia 50 and Ektar.

Hard work for a lazy vacationer!!

I look forward to being able to shares some scans in the next month or so...

This is my 503cw and 250mm ready for some close up portraits of the salt formations...

attachicon.gifIMG_3256.JPG

Funny story on this one:  I had my camera ready to capture this scene about 10 minutes earlier when the colors were much deeper but of course we are only as strong as our weakest link and my weakest link was my phone which I left in my car about 2 minutes away, which I needed for the stopwatch.  I ran had back to the car to fetch my phone and when I returned I still had some nice colors but an elderly (and very religious) couple were poised to make use of this structure to watch the sunrise.  The man asked me to take a photo of him and his wife with his phone and I had to decline b/c I was too busy composing, leveling, exposing, ND grad filtering, etc, and I left myself with zero time to waste.  I think this pissed off his wife b/c just as I was taking my second exposure she started walking into my scene and I had to beg her to just wait 8 more seconds!!!  What a bitch!!!  So I then lost my scene and had to run to find another structure about a minute away.  I did not budget the exhaustion so early in my day!!

attachicon.gifIMG_3257.JPG

Beautiful pictures and beautiful color Adam

The level of Dead Sea is now higher ?

More please

Thank you

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

@ Henry

1.No, they are not anxious in an actual sens, they are looking at a video installation on documenta14 showing different aspects of dictatorship inclusive Trump and Erdogan.

2. Since Monday I develop  even colour films on my own. There is laboratory very close, they do in in about 2-3 hours, but I was to often disapointed about their quality.

attachicon.gif2017-08-16-0007.jpg

attachicon.gif2017-08-16-0008.jpg

m6 1.4/35 portra400

Rgds

Joachim

Joachim , the color is beautiful . Good development by yourself

What developer you use Tetenal , Rollei ? you work at 38°C ?

You're right about the lab. better you do yourself

Nice capture in picture 2. The bad light condition still gives a good result

with Kodak Portra 400.Sometimes I push to 800.

Thanks for the reply and sharing with us

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Beautiful pictures and beautiful color Adam

The level of Dead Sea is now higher ?

More please

Thank you

Henry

Thanks, Henry!

The level of the Dead Sea has been dtopping however Israel is making arrangements to restore the level using its expert water technology

• Like 4

Thanks, Henry!

The level of the Dead Sea has been dtopping however Israel is making arrangements to restore the level using its expert water technology

Thank you for this precision Adam,

because I read somewhere that the level is rather low because of global warming

• Like 1

I show to Wayne some recent tests of Fuji Superia 200  dev myself in Tetenal

Not corrected

Leica M7-Summicron 35 Asph

Oak wood on door

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 6

Henry - i think the excavation of salt and minerals by skin care companies over the decades has also contributed to the depletion of the sea. But have no concern b/c Israel will be channeling fresh water from the Kinneret sea in the north within the next few years. Edited by A miller
  • Like 2

Henry - i think the excavation of salt and minerals by skin care companies over the decades has also contributed to the depletion of the sea. By have no concern b/c Israel will be channeling fresh water from the Kinneret sea in the north within the next few years.

Henry - i think the excavation of salt and minerals by skin care companies over the decades has also contributed to the depletion of the sea. By have no concern b/c Israel will be channeling fresh water from the Kinneret sea in the north within the next few years.

Adam look at this link :

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/29/dead-sea-evidence-unprecedented-drought-future-warning-climate-change

and you're right for excessive excavation of salt

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 2

I show to Wayne some recent tests of Fuji Superia 200  dev myself in Tetenal

Not corrected

Leica M7-Summicron 35 Asph

Oak wood on door

attachicon.gifImage8fujisup200m7lfht+++1000-3.jpg

Best

Henry

Henry

Maybe it is a blessing, but I am having difficulty in seeing any striking signs of inferiority in the lower priced color films, e.g. Agfa Vista, Fuji Superia, Kodak Gold, etc. While there may be differences, nothing seems less pleasant to view. I suppose there could be significant differences in level of exposure error the films will tolerate,  my incapacity to perfectly judge where exposure should be also makes it difficult for me to judge these films on that level .....What I have noticed is that the prices for the "bargain" films are slowly creeping up. It is becoming difficult to find any of them for much less than $5.00 a roll......Only the Kodak Gold remains available at a significantly lower price. When one considers that demand is one thing that drives price increases, maybe this uptick in prices portends well for the future of film. If not for the wallet. :)

• Like 2