Grand Canyon - selection of strange colors

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

These are the first pictures from our visit in April to the Great Canyon.

I am still busy processing the other half of my 2.000 shots from NYC,Las Vegas,Grand Canyon and Valley of Fire. I will post more if you like.

My MKII was mounted mostly with Elmarit 60mm+2xApo Converter, the X1 had also a very busy time.

The MKII was tweaked down to 50 ISO, polarizer and tripod (for the early morning and evening shots.)

The shots were all taken from the Rimtrail.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

MKII with Telyt 250 mm - 7:00 a.m. Mathar Point

MKII with Telyt 250 mm 7:15 a.m, Mathar Point

X1, morning 11:00 a.m.

MK 60 mm+2x Apo Concerter, 18:30 Hopi Point

X1 11:00

• Like 11

Jim,

many thanks. And I wish, we could have stay there longer. 2 days are not enough. We covered a lot but are planning to go back there, of course.

Michael,

thanks for sharing the sight, I am happy you liked them.

Karl,

many thanks. The atmosphere there is breathtaking. I'll post more.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Iduna,

A wonderful series. As you have said, much more time is needed to photograph the real beauty. Generally speaking, the best color is found in the early morning or late afternoon when the sun is lower. Location is also important, North vs South rim. I like each of yours but find the second picture with the bright orange colors against the dark floor of the canyon extremely striking.

Paul

Paul,

thank you o much for your encouraging review. No 2 is also among my favourites from the aspect of lighting. I'll post more. We kept ourselves busy with clicking through the day and found many places breathtaking. Next time we'll not follow the general advice for sunrise and sunset points but will take the opposite places to have ths sunlight in the back and watching the valley being illuminated by and by.

Bill,

thanks for your time and letting me know your feelings. This is what makes me happy being a photographer.

Stuart,

many thanks for sharing your time and discussing the series with Barbara. Even if it semmes to be a simple shot you may guess it took some time in processing to get the background right and the colours and clarity balanced.