Sign in to follow this  
Mixalis

M240 JPGs and Aperture

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My M240 came back from Solms yesterday after the strap lug recall and I took a few test shots. I then realised the camera was set to the default JPG Fine instead of the RAW I normally use.

When I tried to import the JPG files into Aperture I discovered they were not visible from within Aperture. The files were there and I copied them to the desktop. Again, I could not import them.

At first I suspected a problem with Aperture and fired off a thread to the Apple Aperture discussion. Only later did I think to try a card from another camera and discovered everything was working properly. In the meantime I had done some RAW shots with the M and was surprised to find them appearing in Aperture as normal. I have since replicated this with another SD card and conclude that while RAW files are recognised, JPGs are not seen by the software.

To my further surprise I found that the JPGs which were not recognised by Aperture would happily import to iPhoto.

I cannot remember whether I ever shot JPG with the M before it went back to Solms, so I have no way of knowing for sure if this is something new. I am completely baffled and would be interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Michael

In the Import dialogue of Aperture is a drop down menu which might be set to "Only import RAW". Did you check this?Holger

I am waiting for my M but see Apple have yet to include a specific RAW profile for the M. Have you used a profile of your own, or does Aperture use a generic profile? I have found the Aperture profile for the M9 excellent and hope in time they develop a M profile that is as good. Is there a known reason for a delay in Apple developing the RAW converter for the M?

Aperture works with the M DNG files no problem.

I think you shouldn check the right hand side of the 'import' screen and as the chap said above make sure you've selected something other than 'raw only'

And also if you've already imported them- make sure you have not ticked 'do not import duplicates'

Can't see any other reason why it won't work.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bjamisonf
      Where can one find the battery charge level?
      What's the best way to extend the battery life? 
      If I shoot DNG/JPG, where do the JPGs end up? I don’t see them when I import the files into Lightroom. Are they the ones transferred over to the Leica Photos? 
      If one shoots A for aperture, shutter speed, and focus, is it the same as Full Auto in Scene Mode?
      I notice the photos I take in Black and White turn to color when I import them into Lightroom. Importing the B&W photo into Leica Fotos shows it is B&W, which I assume is so that it can be shared. My question is: Are there specific Lightroom presets that show the Leica style?
      I occasionally get the red box with spinning circle. Why does it do that? I assume it’s writing to disk but I’ve had occasions where I haven’t taken a photo at all, so there’s nothing to “write to disk.”
      Can I use the Leica Q2 LCD panel to focus/shoot like my Canon 5D Mark IV? Maybe I’m wrong but I recall seeing a video of a Leica Q doing so. 
      Does changing the user profile also change what’s found on the favorites menu? 
      Is there any sort of logic for how to set up the FN versus the wheel button? I appreciate their usefulness but I find I can’t remember what’s where and I end up going back to the menu button. Any suggestions on how to set it up logically? 

• Guest pdd.kst
      By Guest pdd.kst
      Schönen guten Tag,

Beim Programm Aperture 3 möchte ich Euch um Eure Erfahrung in der bestmöglichen Einstellung für das Komprimieren von Bild Dateien erbitten. Da es mir selbst nicht so gut gelingen möge, wie ich es gerne hätte und mit den bisherigen Ergebnissen verärgere ich nur die Forumsmitglieder beim Veröffentlichen meiner Bilder. Die Bilddatei liegt in den meisten fällen als DNG Datei vor.

Freue mich über Eure Anregungen.
    • By romanvail
      I found the access info for the hidden menu and now I have a new file format option in the quick menu.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      Anyone else have this?

Also, if I select it and it's not there by default... will that cause an issue? So this RAW is what exactly? CR2?
    • By SteveFeb
      From what I've read here, the seemingly only difference between the two cameras is the D-Lux6, some claim, has better processing software, and the inclusion of Lightroom.

I shot in RAW 99% of the time. I would think that takes the processing software D-Lux 6 out of the equation.

The lenses are the same, internals the same, slight body differences. None of those are deal breakers.

If that is so, then my wife would be happier if I bought the Panasonic DMC-LX7.

Thanks. I apologize for bringing this up again, but I don't recall the comparison of the two cameras for a RAW shooter.
    • By mnutzer
      "Just take a pebble...

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

...and cast it to the sea,...

...Then watch the ripples..."

Lake Constance, Kreuzlingen, Switzerland,
      M8.2, LTM-Nikkor 2.5 - 105mm,
      ISO 160, 1/1500 - 1/2000 sec., Aperture 3,
      17. March 2013,
      (Lyrics: Greg Lake, ELP).