Any ideas: R-4 related

chrysost

I bought a new R4s many years ago and it has been faultless. I have taken it all around Australia not only on holidays but it has also been used extensively in my work.It has been to Hong Kong & New Zealand with me and I took it across to America in 2003 and again, faultless. I have no idea how many rolls of film but I would guess in the vicinity of about 1,500 usually with the 50mm f2 Summicron.I realise that they are now getting on in age and it may be a little difficult to pick up a good 2nd hand unit but if you have the lens then go for a later R7

Guest rubidium

I've had an R4 since 1984, and it's accompanied me all over the earth, flawlessly taking in excess of 800 rolls of Kodachrome with the MotorDrive-R and handgrip in all kinds of climates including 120F desert heat. Even though I recently purchased an R9+DMR to "go digital", I'll still be keeping and using the R4. The only failure in 22 years has been the foam seals on the camera back finally drying out. I'm about to send it to Leica USA to get the seals replaced and perform a CLA.