WATE filtered

jlm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm about finished with the custom filter adapter, using Guy's WATE for the test mule

no glass in it yet (tomorrow), but the adapter now fits the hood and the lens threads and stops and will take the B+W glass from a 49mm 486 filter. took this quick shot to test for vignetting. focused at infinity, f22 and f4, 16mm setting. sky a bit darker away from the horizon; typical in Brooklyn, eh?

small batch run this time, maybe 8 pcs, then a larger production run. one for Guy and Mark for sure.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guy_mancuso

I'm so excited , it all comes home to daddy on Monday. Folks this is going to work i can feel it. Mine will just be painted but final ones will be anodized. John has been kind enough to keep me up to the moment with e-mails and man this was a complicated milling job. So look forward to final images and results soon from John and myself

Great news, I'm impressed, John has done a great job in a short time and I'm pleased to see it's not vignetting. Those threads are certainly difficult to replicate.

I feel certain that this filter holder with the normal hood and lens cap will make using the lens much easier.

I'm about finished with the custom filter adapter, using Guy's WATE for the test mule

no glass in it yet (tomorrow), but the adapter now fits the hood and the lens threads and stops and will take the B+W glass from a 49mm 486 filter. took this quick shot to test for vignetting. focused at infinity, f22 and f4, 16mm setting. sky a bit darker away from the horizon; typical in Brooklyn, eh?

small batch run this time, maybe 8 pcs, then a larger production run. one for Guy and Mark for sure.

John

Please keep me in mind for one of the adapters. Whether from the first run or a later one is of no great consequence to me but I would love to have one of these.

Thanks for considering

Woody Spedden

Guest guy_mancuso

John I have my filter here tomorrow so maybe just use yours temp and i will install mine on Monday and please let me know the shipping home

Bravo, well done the collective and embarrassed shame red faces in Solms I hope. The WATE was to be my first lens, but it's issues eventually me off. I'm surprised how quickly you have got a working prototype solution for mounting the hood and filter out; really impressive guys.

....................Chris