APO-SUMMICRON DELIVERY

SiggiGun

An old colloquialism, something as rare as hen's teeth.

So far from the reports here, I have heard of single digits being delivered in Germany and the U.S. That may imply many more quiet, satisfied users, or a very low output. Also, other than two showing up on ebay during the initial release week, I have not seen another.

The results posted herein show it to be an item worth the wait, with some debate on being worth the cost.

Best advice, place an order with your local dealer and enjoy the glass you have in the mean time.

I think they built 4 of them so far:confused: And I am so far down the food chain to get one that I will be retired before it arrivea.

I've been wondering about that too, but I figure they'll eventually be made and the demand will eventually stabilize (how many people want a 7k 50 f/2? Well, you and I do :) ). At least I'm hoping that's the way it drops.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been wondering about that too, but I figure they'll eventually be made and the demand will eventually stabilize (how many people want a 7k 50 f/2? Well, you and I do :) ). At least I'm hoping that's the way it drops.

Gosh, that number seems so very low. That means that the dealer I got mine from received between 50-75% of production. I know for a fact two of us who got ours on 1 Feb 2013 and a third got his a day or two later.

Gosh, that number seems so very low. That means that the dealer I got mine from received between 50-75% of production. I know for a fact two of us who got ours on 1 Feb 2013 and a third got his a day or two later.

Then ther is on more out there....!!!:p

I'm still yet to see one on eBay which seems to imply they're no where to be found.

Jonathan,

When the first shipment went out, there were a couple of them for sale at a 50% premium if I recall, about the price of the Noctilux. Both were sold fairly quickly.

I picked up mine (east coast US dealer) today.

Jeff -- woo hoo! You will love it. A matched pair with your Nocti. (I am in Mexico, and brought my Summilux, not the APO. If the M gets stolen, I'll get in line for a new one. But if the APO were stolen... Might not ever see another one...) JB

• Like 1

Do we have any idea how many people are seriously wanting one? I can't imagine there's more than 100 people, but what do I know..

Nope. There are 10,000 people who want one since 9,900 of them plan to sell it on eBay hoping to make a killing. Leica are experts at creating demand. Good for them.

If the M gets stolen, I'll get in line for a new one. But if the APO were stolen... Might not ever see another one...) JB

Indeed! Safe travels, John. Don't suppose you'll be back for Saturday evening's Artist Reception at the DC Leica Store?