winter fairy tale landscape

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Again we have snowfall and there seems to be no end to it. I am waiting for the first signs of spring but this has to wait then.

This is in our immediate neighbourhood and easily one can spend a few hours there with such a scenery. I thought about this as B&W series but decided to leave it in this monochrome colorversion.

All with Canon 5D MKII wrapped in a plastic foil, Elmarit R 90 mm, polarizer.

Unfortunately the crispness has suffered from scaling down to forum size.

But have a look and share walk with snowfall.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

K.-H.,

thanks for your comment. It is always appreciated and specially for choosing your favourites. It is nice that these pictures remind you to your roots as it seems.

Stuart,

yes, the red colour brings an activity to this paralyzed scenery.

doppelwurst,

thanks for your interesting comment. In fact you discovered which was my secret intention: in the end everything is being reduced to these few lines. How to describe nothingness and a touch of despair. The red in the beginning, the brown of the branches are fading and then only a few shades of grey are being left.

Paul,

many thanks for your response. Yes, it was exactly that same feeling which you described.

Stig,

thanks for looking and I can guess why no 1 and 3 are your choice.

Michael,

thanks for your thought and mentioning the song. I think know the tune. Interesting thet winter is being desvribed as "paie" which is giving a touch of feeling at home. Steange but there is like alwys some truth and truth in this.

Stefan,

many thanks for commenting and time to tell me what your choice is.

Bill,

you make it difficult then to part with winterdreams. Thanks for letting me know that the pictures are evoking emotions. Still, we are dreaming about spring which is letting us wait this time for long.

Bill,

you make it difficult then to part with winterdreams. Thanks for letting me know that the pictures are evoking emotions. Still, we are dreaming about spring which is letting us wait this time for long.

Iduna,

As spring is about to be with us winter can seem so bland and long. Your pictures show the winter we all love and dream of during summer. Truly beautiful images.

• Like 1