Do Digilux 2 photos have distinctive look?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sometimes texture is more important than the 10MP sharpness.....;)

Digilux2

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All the pictures in this topic are very nice.

When I look at some others posts with pictures made with the M8 I wonder why people continue to put so much money in them (cf. last posts with the green stripe problem).

The certitude to have made the right choice because of the amount spent astounds me really.

Good choice is when you get good results or did I missed something :confused:

;)

ramshackle vista

Home sweet home, Riley?? ;):D

haha!

i think they operate on the basis that neatness doesnt count

Whether it has its own look or not, the D2 has been a very valuable tool to me.

• Like 1

Well, I liked my LC1 so much that I just bought a factory "demo" Digilux 2. Here is one from the LC1.

-ddog

...this thread has pushed up the resale value of the D2 as evidenced by the fairly high bids on ebay.

Amazing shots all around! I'm starting to consider the D2 as a M8 backup...can't justify two M8's as a hobbyist.

Can someone comment on the shutter sound. I assume that it is quieter than the M8. Thanks.

...this thread has pushed up the resale value of the D2 as evidenced by the fairly high bids on ebay.

Amazing shots all around! I'm starting to consider the D2 as a M8 backup...can't justify two M8's as a hobbyist.

Can someone comment on the shutter sound. I assume that it is quieter than the M8. Thanks.

The native shuttersound is - nothing - well an extermely small squeak which is probably the autofocus or the aperture blades. Totally silent, unless you set it for electronic clicks and beeps, which mercifully can be switched off. Even God cannot hear this shutter click. :p

well certainly an excellent 4/3 backup ;)

the coming Sigma DP1 may well be the M8 backup if they ever get it sorted out

or

the coming Olympus P1, which i hear has something very special and very interesting to offer including an operable iso 1600. Which seems to be proven by recent high iso images from E-410. Im a bit stunned by them.

Totally silent, unless you set it for electronic clicks and beeps, which mercifully can be switched off. Even God cannot hear this shutter click. :p

I wouldn't call it totally silent -- there is a minimally audible chirp/click -- but I can say I've never heard a shutter that even approaches the LC1/D2's level of quietness ... for all practical purposes, it's silent.

Damn. I take it all back.

THIS IS A TOTALLY RUBBISH CAMERA, NOT A REAL LEICA, LOUSY EVF, SILVER COATING RUBS OFF, BREAKS DOWN ALL THE TIME, HOPELESS IN THE DARK, NO USE AT ALL FOR SPORTS, DO NOT EVEN DREAM OF BUYING A USED ONE ON e-Bay. :D

Maybe I'll wait a bit before looking for a second one. ;)

Correct - the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, just a few clicks from the Anaheim stadium. We were visiting my sainted mother that week.

One thing not mentioned on the LC1/D2 is the rather unique flash. Just remember to remove the lens hood before using it!

ddog

• Like 1