Do Digilux 2 photos have distinctive look?

Few from today,

Cheers

Vlad

Thanks guys! I left the shadow there on purpose

There you go.

My comment would be on the second one.... I would have liked it had you waited one or two heartbeats later... a little more truck.

JT

Thanks guys! I left the shadow there on purpose

the shadow makes the shot . . . the scene (without the shadow) has been done to death a thousand times.

very nice set . . . punchy contrast and colors . . . John has a point about the truck, but i can take what we got here.

the shadow makes the shot . . . the scene (without the shadow) has been done to death a thousand times.

very nice set . . . punchy contrast and colors . . . John has a point about the truck, but i can take what we got here.

Yes... my wording isn't quite right. I do like the shot. A little more truck would simply have improved it. IMO. Still a nice shot.

Of a Leica... not by a Leica. Starting em' out young.

ah yes . . . I must stop telling people that my red-leather D2 is one of a kind . . . .

Did you ever post a picture of your red D2? My biggest regret is my black snake skin... it's nice... but kind of boring.

I'm finally getting a red camera... red ostrich.

JT

Thanks for all comments guys! I've been cycling for the last few days for the first time in the last 10 years i would say, so much fun! Put me back in the old days....

I snapped this one today and there is just something about it that screams yes i have been shot with Leica, you guys agree?

Cheers

Vlad

Hello,

the handling of the Digilux2 is wonderful and gives me a distinctive secure feeling while shooting. Two holiday pic's (Bretagne), JPEGs without PP:-)

Greetings

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

welcome to the forum!

You wrote that the images were "without PP". Well, some cautious sharpening should be performed, in my opinion, with EVERY digital image because the digital images are calculated from the Bayer pattern of the sensor, which automatically introduces some blur. For the Digilux 2 images, I personally prefer the "unsharp maskening" function of Photoshop, with 90%, radius 0.9 pixels, and a threshold of 4.

When reducing the image size (as necesary for the forum), I choose the option "bicubic sharper".

Best regards,

Peter.

Here are a few from the last couple of days...

The shot in the Apple store combined the side light from outdoors and a little bit of bounce flash from the Digilux 2's built-in flash.

The shop window was at an outdoor mall.. just something I found intriguing. I like the use of the big black and white photo against the Spanish influenced Florida colors. The was the side of the building and probably would subject merchandise to excessive fading from the sun.

The pool shot is my son, Marlon, just beginning to surface from underwater. Loved the effect.

JT

Hello all,

first let me thank you all for all these lovely images. They are so lovely, natural and full of life!

I picked up my D2 just yesterday after looking for one a long time. It hard to get one second hand but in the end i succeeded here in the Netherlands. It was used as a back up studio camera, all the boxes were there, the original memorySD, all the unopened software, the leathercase. In mint condition.

I have the sigma dp1 and dp2 and was looking for a x1 or digilux (or used M8 but both that and the x1 seemed to expensive in the end...). The digilux is surprisingly fast to operate for me, but that may be the sigma influence. Of course IQ from teh sigma is also great. But the colour and measuring of the D2 seems very well, exposure is always spot on untill now. I love the handling, but that is no longer a surprise here.

I wanted this camera to be more involved in picture taking, looking through the EVF (keep the left eye open for the details I do not see in the EVF). Turn the levers and dials and expose (lovely click).

So, another convict, hope to have the digilux long and plan to use it for pictures with character, less "perfect" and plan to use jpegs only (mostly b/w).

Edited by misiekbunnik

Did you ever post a picture of your red D2? My biggest regret is my black snake skin... it's nice... but kind of boring.

I'm finally getting a red camera... red ostrich.

JT

John, yes a while back I posted mine here:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/digital-forum/97085-d2-red.html

i love it dearly.