Do Digilux 2 photos have distinctive look?

This one was taken last 2 weeks ago. It is one of my favorites taken with my D2!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Straight out of cam file, reminds me of some M9 shots i have seen with that gigantic bokeh or its just me that i adore the D2? :)

4847123612_94faa18233_o.jpg

Fantastic image. The colors are superb. Glad you adore the D2. I'm waiting on replacement parts for my LC1 so that I can continue adding to this group and putting that great camera to good use.

I am so glad to see this thread still alive and with so many great contributions with some very skilled photographers. Keep 'em coming!

Fantastic image. The colors are superb. Glad you adore the D2. I'm waiting on replacement parts for my LC1 so that I can continue adding to this group and putting that great camera to good use.

I am so glad to see this thread still alive and with so many great contributions with some very skilled photographers. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks! Yup i adore even with all its faults and everything!

4870891925_0b7a79b138_o.jpg

Weinheim, Germany street festival. Funny to see Aussie in Germany at least i have find it strange as everyone pokes the eyes out why in the hell i came here! :)

Cheers

Vlad

First I would like to say hello to everyone as I'm new to this forum. I've been lurking for awhile, thanks to John Thawley and Thorsten Overgaard for peaking my interest in this wonderful camera. Also, thanks very much to Jeff Singer for selling me a great copy of a D2 back in March of this year.

Shot this in B&W mode while visiting Philly for the first time and just strolling the streets. Minimal processing in Aperture.

Cheers,

Welcome Blake,

Very nice first post. Wonderful tonal range. The two guys (centre right) look like their having fun, and the blonde girl with the sunglasses has spotted you to.

Have you edited someone out (immediate left of waitress)?

When you say you have a copy of a D2...?

Dovla, I take it your excellent atmospheric shots were both taken at ISO 400?

By the way I always find the everythings far out way the faults with the D2.:D

Have you edited someone out (immediate left of waitress)?

I can't see how Blake could have edited anyone out to the left of the waitress without constructing the blonde, the man with the hood or the chairs, which look to be naturally arranged.

Welcome to the forum, Blake and congratulations on your 'new' D2!

Pete.

I can't see how Blake could have edited anyone out to the left of the waitress without constructing the blonde, the man with the hood or the chairs, which look to be naturally arranged.

Welcome to the forum, Blake and congratulations on your 'new' D2!

Pete.

I think he's referring to "our" left and the waitress's right.

What has happened is there appears to be a man with dark curly 'full' hair sitting across from a woman with shoulder length blond hair. The man's hair completely covers the blond's face... while her hair outlines his head. Funny... because it almost does look like a cloning "blob."

Good photo...

Enjoy the camera Blake!

JT

I think he's referring to "our" left and the waitress's right.

What has happened is there appears to be a man with dark curly 'full' hair sitting across from a woman with shoulder length blond hair. The man's hair completely covers the blond's face... while her hair outlines his head. Funny... because it almost does look like a cloning "blob."

Good photo...

Enjoy the camera Blake!

JT

John,

I see what you mean although when blown up this is clearly not a clone.

Pete.

Edited by farnz

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

LeicaMac - By "copy", I meant a very nice example of a D2. Believe me it's the real thing.

And no, there's no cloning in this photo. I certainly don't have the skills, lol. The only processing was some small adjustments in Aperture.

Thanks again,

-Blake

Thanks for the explaination John. I couldnt get past my initial interpretation.

Apologise if I've made a photography forum fopar.

Thanks Blake for the clarification on the "copy" reference, just a little intrigued. I can see from your post its the real deal. Looking forward to seeing more great shots.

Dovla, I couldnt agree more. In my opinion, I think the shot of your wife (inparticular) would be the poorer without the noise/grain. For me it gives a sense of the frenetic/immediacy of the occasion and the moment. Love the way the background brings your wife more to the foreground (if such a thing is possible in a two dimensional image). Great shots.

Thanks for the explaination John. I couldnt get past my initial interpretation.

Apologise if I've made a photography forum fopar.

Not a fopar at all... nor a faux pas. ;)

On your MacBook Pro, if you hold down the control key and roll the ball on your super mouse, it will zoom the screen... sometimes it will help get a clearer look at things.

All the best,

JT

Not a fopar at all... nor a faux pas. ;)

On your MacBook Pro, if you hold down the control key and roll the ball on your super mouse, it will zoom the screen... sometimes it will help get a clearer look at things.

All the best,

JT

... or in Safari hold down the Command key and press + to zoom in, - to zoom out and 0 to restore the page to its original size.

Pete.