M evf is the same as X2 /Olympus?

leicatraveller

Ken Rockwell would say ' a true Leicaman doesn't care about price, he pays because he has no concern for money' :D:D

If you buy an M you are halfway to embracing the ethos of a Canon or Nikon man, so it doesn't apply :D

Steve

And the leica one is much more unobtrusive, i.e. With the oly evf you're going to be robbed, as the olympus logo screams 'expensive camera'.

Really...? :rolleyes:

"I shall rob that man of his camera"

Vs

"I shall rob that man of his Olympus."

Yeh riiight...

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

Question: Who makes the EVF2?

Stefan Daniel: We buy the EVF2 from Olympus which is the best we can buy. We could see no need to make our own viewfinder.

Question: Does it have the same socket as the PEN?

Jesko v. Oeynhausen: Yes, it’s the same.

Maike Harberts: If you have an Olympus EVF, you can buy a LEICA M or an X2 to use it with. It’s the same EVF as the one used with the X2.

Source: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/news/257136-leica-photokina-q-transcript.html

Please note that it's the EVF2 which is being discussed. The EVF3 by Olympus will not work with your M or X2. Indeed, you will not even be able to attach it.

• Like 1

Ken Rockwell would say ' a true Leicaman doesn't care about price, he pays because he has no concern for money' :D:D

Incidentally, this very line made me mostly stop reading Kens site. Not only did I find it somewhat offensive to all Leica users, who (like me) can barely afford owning Leica equipment at all, but more so because if that is his underlying assumption in his reviews, they are of only limited use for me.

Peter

Please note that it's the EVF2 which is being discussed. The EVF3 by Olympus will not work with your M or X2. Indeed, you will not even be able to attach it.

Actually it is the VF-2 (versus the VF-3) you are looking for if you want to get the Olympus version: Leica EVF 2 = Olympus VF-2.

(The Olympus VF-3 is a cheaper, lower resolution version; you probably wouldn’t want to use even if you could.)

• Like 1

Really...? :rolleyes:

"I shall rob that man of his camera"

Vs

"I shall rob that man of his Olympus."

Yeh riiight...

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

Your joke detector needs a bit of TLC...;)

• Like 1

And the leica one is much more unobtrusive, i.e. With the oly evf you're going to be robbed, as the olympus logo screams 'expensive camera'.

;) You won't get robbed because of the Olympus logo, it's hardly visible at all - opposite to the big fat white Leica writing ...

Nik (M + Oly VF-2)

• Like 1

Or the other way around? :D:D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jaapv
  • Like 2

I also bought the Olympus. I also did not want to pay double. It will be telling who we spot with the Leica version.

Haha, I got guilted into buying the Leica one by a certain London-based dealer with a circular logo ;)

I'm also quite lazy, and tracking down an Olympus wasn't on the list of things I wanted to do (they're out of stock in most dealers I trust).

Either way it's cheaper than a set of wideangle optical finders.

Not going to defend the decision though!

- Steve

Incidentally, this very line made me mostly stop reading Kens site. Not only did I find it somewhat offensive to all Leica users, who (like me) can barely afford owning Leica equipment at all, but more so because if that is his underlying assumption in his reviews, they are of only limited use for me.

Peter

Throwaway comments like that are probably just to draw eyeballs, and generate some controversy - best way to increase your ad revenue.

Mr Rockwell has some unusual opinions that don't match my own experience, though there are a small number of things that I agree with him on.

It's an important lesson that many well-known online pundits are just full of hot air.

- Steve