Tilt and swivel for the SF-24D

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is my first workable solution. I call it the MacGyver flash mount. :)

An Arca-Swiss rail with a RAM articulated arm and a shortened Nikon SC-28 cord. I leave the clamp knob on the arm slightly loose so the flash can be positioned as I wish.

First with the flash positioned for direct flash. Next for a ceiling bounce. Finally positioned for bounce from a wall.

(Not shown) Using the arm I can also lower the flash shoe for the SF-58. In use the rail is supported by my focus hand and is more stable than when the SF-58 is in the camera flash shoe.

I plan to use the Demb SF-24 bounce kit for ceiling bounce and rotate the flash for wall bouncing. In the next version a small ball head will replace the articulated arm. Stay tuned.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Luke_Miller
  • Like 1

Actually the rail doesn't interfere, since it is parallel to, and the same width, as the baseplate. It rests on my wrist/base of my thumb when focusing. I have short fingers, so if it would affect anyone it would be me.

Edited by Luke_Miller

I noticed that as well. My SF-58 solution is even more like the SCA Adaptor. I was probably unconsciously influenced by it. In conjunction with the Leica Grip It does improve handling when using the SF-58 on my M9 and I suspect the SCA Adapter with do the same on the M.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1