WiFi works with new M240

Guest WPalank

Guest WPalank

Advertisement (gone after registration)

William, what's the delay from the time you shoot to the time the file shows on the iPad? Also, is it sending the full resolution file or a smaller preview file to the iPad?

About 4 seconds.

Guest WPalank
William

In my small studio I shoot very much like the setup in your video. In my case it is with Nikon, but would love to do it with the M once I receive it. I suspect I have spent far more than eight hours struggling to make wireless image transfer work even though that feature is fully supported by Nikon. Time well spent though, as the clients love it. I suspect those who minimize the effort involved have not tried it themselves. Thanks for showing that it can be done with the M.

Luke,

Do to your kind, peaceful demeanor, and the fact you admit what should be a simple job became a long process, please let me know when you get your 240.

You see, part of the problem is that there is a step you have to hunt all over the internet for (at least I did), that became the missing piece.

My treat my friend.

Hi William,

I thought the video was pretty hilarious and good fun.

Simply ignore folks who don't get it. That's what I do.

BTW, I have a wi-fi CamRanger working with my D800E and iPad3.

The larger D800E JPGs take about 10 to 15 seconds to transfer to the iPad3, depending on distance.

I would be very interested to learn what you figured out in setting up your M with your iPad2.

When I get my M it would be very advantageous to operate the M remotely similar to the D800E.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/nature-wildlife/272579-hairy-woodpecker-female.html

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/nature-wildlife/272876-nuthatch-shot-d800e-tele-elmar-135-a.html

Also, I am curious why the iPad2 seems to function better than the iPad3 in your setup?

Thanks.

Edited by k-hawinkler

Guest tanks

Also, I am curious why the iPad2 seems to function better than the iPad3 in your setup?

Thanks.

I am curious as well. Unless you quit updating the operating system a long while ago, both would be using the same version of iOS.

Not to mention the higher resolution Retina display on the newer iPads.

This is interesting because I just set up my GoPro Hero3 which can be controlled and configured via Wi-Fi through an iPhone App. The iPhone can also display a live preview through the camera.

It would be quite a hit if Apple and Leica could cooperate to have an iPhone/Pad interface to the M240.

• Like 1

This is interesting because I just set up my GoPro Hero3 which can be controlled and configured via Wi-Fi through an iPhone App. The iPhone can also display a live preview through the camera.

It would be quite a hit if Apple and Leica could cooperate to have an iPhone/Pad interface to the M240.[/QUOTE]

+1.

I couldn't agree more!

sorry -this whole thread is based on a video of the back of an ipad and a bloke with a model on a bed who we can't see.

I do shoot for a living- and find that this video is nothing but a 'look at me, i'm shooting a semi naked woman'. Nothing is shown on the ipad.

You also posted this to Facebook - and my comments remain the same.

Personally I think you're gloating you have a new M and a cute girl on a bed.

I will make a video claiming I've found the cure to cancer and the formula is on my ipad screen which is facing the other way on a stand.

I dont understand why you posted the video? To make us jealous?

• Like 2

sorry -this whole thread is based on a video of the back of an ipad and a bloke with a model on a bed who we can't see.

I do shoot for a living- and find that this video is nothing but a 'look at me, i'm shooting a semi naked woman'. Nothing is shown on the ipad.

I will make a video claiming I've found the cure to cancer and the formula is on my ipad screen which is facing the other way on a stand.

I sort of had the same reaction. I understand your need for confidentiality, but an attempt at showing at least a glimpse of the iPad screen in real time (even oof) would have lent a bit more credibility to your message. But in any case, I'm glad you've found a solution. Gives others encouragement.

Guest WPalank
William

Just curious, what's your lighting and remote trigger setup in the video?

Thanks.

Erik

Erik,

Broncolor A2r mobilite system. For my travels. I have another system for studio work but a pain to lug around.

Also, Broncolor Radio Trigger.

the only thing i get from the video was how gorgeous the model was :p the rest is lost to me.

Nice presentation' date=' William[/quote']

I think this thread is like Pink Floyd the dark side of the moon. You have to be on drugs to fully appreciate!

• Like 1

Guest WPalank

Rick,

Looks like someone needs a hug. How do I make a smoochy emoticon?

And, yes, married, but still a chick magnet. I've been told it comes down to confidence and a unique style. Luckily my wife, gorgeous by the way, just laughs about it.

Keep doing the HDR images, non-photographers love that stuff. Trey Ratcliff, probably a hero of yours, gets to live anywhere he wants now. But you've taken all his workshops and would know that I'm sure.

Like many British friends and I do have quite a few, they don't understand parody or comedy in my sense. You see, they hate Ricky Gervais(his "Idiot Abroad" thing is some of the best stuff I've watched in ages), i love him. Monty Python, Faulty Towers....I don't even smirk.

Guest WPalank
I sort of had the same reaction. I understand your need for confidentiality, but an attempt at showing at least a glimpse of the iPad screen in real time (even oof) would have lent a bit more credibility to your message. But in any case, I'm glad you've found a solution. Gives others encouragement.

Thanks.

I'll say it again. I hired the videographer with my own money. To make the B roll (if you don't understand the term, Wikepedia) To make the shot believable it would have been necessary to shooot at the same position over the shoulder and show th iPad. To flag off and prevent glare would have taken 40 minutes more work,. Ask anyone who shoots video at a glossy surface. I didn't have the time. it was cheaper to keep the camera in one position. We were in a time crunch.

I can contact the videographer today, have him show up at my house and i can shoot something in my house, I know nothing of video. Let's say it's $200, can someone please come forward with the money. Drop it in Paypal and it's done. he works fast and we could have something useable by tomorrow. Takers, takers....

Complainers, complainers....

I think this thread is like Pink Floyd the dark side of the moon. You have to be on drugs to fully appreciate!

No you don't.

For 40 years I've been listening to that and only once have I taken an illegal substance. And I wasn't listening at the time...

It's a classic "teaser" video. If William can get people to buy a list of instructions, then very good luck to him.

Edited by andybarton

Thanks.

I'll say it again. I hired the videographer with my own money. To make the B roll (if you don't understand the term, Wikepedia) To make the shot believable it would have been necessary to shooot at the same position over the shoulder and show th iPad. To flag off and prevent glare would have taken 40 minutes more work,. Ask anyone who shoots video at a glossy surface. I didn't have the time. it was cheaper to keep the camera in one position. We were in a time crunch.

I can contact the videographer today, have him show up at my house and i can shoot something in my house, I know nothing of video. Let's say it's $200, can someone please come forward with the money. Drop it in Paypal and it's done. he works fast and we could have something useable by tomorrow. Takers, takers....

Complainers, complainers....

Well, technically the term is not B-roll. B roll refers to something completely different. You simply needed a CU shot, which shouldn't have taken longer than 5 minutes.

B-roll is an old news term which refers to footage under a voice over.

As soon as my M arrives I'll be happy to post a video and the instructions for free...isnt that what these forums are all about...sharing knowledge.

Rick,

Looks like someone needs a hug. How do I make a smoochy emoticon?

the way, just laughs about it.

Keep doing the HDR images, non-photographers love that stuff. Trey Ratcliff, probably a hero of yours, gets to live anywhere he wants now. But you've taken all his workshops and would know that I'm sure.

Sorry- are you having a jab at a few HDR images I have on my site?

I just think your video was rubbish. Why did you need a videographer? It's a lock off shot. You don't mean B roll either. 15 years of working in TV and as an editor has given me the blessing of this knowledge. You need cutaways. We are not looking or a professional production here just an iPhone video of the image appearing on the screen would be good enough.

I'm pleased to see that Leica hasn't shed its stereotyped user base though. Thank goodness the dentists and Jaguar drivers got their M240s before real photographers.

• Like 1