WiFi works with new M240

Guest WPalank

Guest WPalank

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Pardon the crappy picture below, a little out of focus but I was shaking. After working on the project for roughly 12 hours getting no help from anyone. No Company support available and emails were being tossed aside I guess.

I am well aware there is an eye-fi thread way down below. Eye-fi is a copyrighted product name. There are several Wifi cards on the market today. I used a specific WiFi card.

Set my M up for basic jpeg only to transfer to my iPad about 3 feet away for now.

Write speed was about 3 seconds (not minutes), works brilliantly as is. So many other things to do for now.

Again, I have spent over twelve hours of ripping my hair out knowing the answer was right in front of me, but getting no help in the Company Help Forums.

Anyone interested must have a home computer (can only confirm it works with iOS), an iPad II, SD card reader for transfer to iPad, and then you will have to buy a specific card once you contact me via email available at a lot of places and definitely online. Please put Palank Photo Consultancy in the subject line. I will not mention price on the Forum as it may go against rules. But at least you'll get a product, PDF file without banners proclaiming please help my family.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

From the video we're to assume pictures are showing up on the iPad, but it's impossible to judge performance / feasibility without actually seeing things happen:

- What software is being used on the iPad?

- How are folders managed on the iPad?

- Is there any type of session management?

- Are there specific settings to consider / set?

- Why type WiFi connection - ad hoc to between card & iPad, or via a base station?

- How long from shutter click until the image shows up on the iPad?

- How do you toggle between the current shot vs past shots?

- Can two shots be compared side by side?

- What does a 100% view looking like?

- Side by side comparison of zooming in on the M to check focus vs the iPad.

Guest WPalank
Well, you asked for it:

Is she of legal age? If not, did you get her parents sign the model release?:D

And if she IS of legal age, how about sharing some pix, I don't care about your camera and sd card....:D:D:D

All kidding aside, 28 and a Biomolecular Chemist with a degree from University of Texas, Austin. Ten minutes of talking off camera and she is sharp man, I mean sharp....

• Like 1

Guest WPalank
From the video we're to assume pictures are showing up on the iPad, but it's impossible to judge performance / feasibility without actually seeing things happen:

- What software is being used on the iPad?

- How are folders managed on the iPad?

- Is there any type of session management?

- Are there specific settings to consider / set?

- Why type WiFi connection - ad hoc to between card & iPad, or via a base station?

- How long from shutter click until the image shows up on the iPad?

- How do you toggle between the current shot vs past shots?

- Can two shots be compared side by side?

- What does a 100% view looking like?

- Side by side comparison of zooming in on the M to check focus vs the iPad.

Everything is possible through William Palank Photography Consultancy. At least you get what you paid for, with no banner adds. Read this as 12 hours of ripping hair my out with no customer support and iPad documentation that has not been updated through several iOS iterations. Felt like I had invented nuclear fission when I got it all working.

Plus I kind of like the way you demand things Johnny, very rude. Here 'bouts we would start with something like "Thanks for posting. I would be interested...."

Gheesh...folks (even though George Bush is from there), Texans are probably some of the most polite people you would ever want to meet. I swear.

Try it on your own. Plus,I think the same sort of question will be asked by many who don't have the camera or desire to own the camera. Guy I had filming wasn't free, nor would the B roll have been.

Guest WPalank

OK, but just one.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

...once you contact me via email available at a lot of places and definitely online. Please put Palank Photo Consultancy in the subject line. I will not mention price on the Forum as it may go against rules. But at least you'll get a product, PDF file without banners proclaiming please help my family.

[ATTACH]364620[/ATTACH]

I am confused. You want people here to contact you to get a product. What are you selling, pictures of the shoot without the banners across the models breasts or crotch or some sort of WiFi card? Seriously, I don't get this post.:confused:

Guest WPalank
I am confused. You want people here to contact you to get a product. What are you selling, pictures of the shoot without the banners across the models breasts or crotch or some sort of WiFi card? Seriously, I don't get this post.:confused:

Not the picture, Jenna's work was done with a client and the client was very bothered by the videographer. I paid for it myslef as kind of a joke. it was a long shot with no cuts till the end

The set-up for WiFi is completely unreasonable. You need to read the manual for a specific card, the manual for an iPad app, then start jumping all over the place. Nothing has customer service, what will take a person about 20 minutes with my directions, took 8 hours because all the manuals are behind by about 2-3 iOS updates. The COMPANIES have not been keeping up with current software.

The main point is that WiFi works with the current M, end of story. You or anyone else with the camera can pull together the Rubick's Cube if you like.

The reason the girl is blurred out is that pictures were posted elsewhere, got NO attention, NO likes, but a million hits, which is fine.

The only reason I posted the above picture is people were doubting the pictures in a joking way.

To summarize, the M works with WiFi but is a f*cking beast to set up as there are too many variables that have to go in a linear fashion, At least that is what I found.

Guest WPalank

Re reading the question.

My reference is to two other websites that constantly ask for money and have flashing banners stating "buy from B&H etc." Absolutely their prerogative but I just tend not to visit sites like that. I was jut trying to inject some humor (Fail), no banner adds on my site, if you are interested in a project, print, just ask.

Simply stated, a linear list of the set-up is available if anyone is interested, only as it took me 8 hair pulling hours. Anyone who figures it out is welcome to post it here for free..

Edited by WPalank

Hi -

Got it. You are selling the information on how to set up the M and an iPad with WiFi to review pictures as you shoot. And, yes someone here or a group of us will probably figure it out and eventually share our findings here.

I do not know anything about you. Is this what you do professionally; set up these sorts of things? Do you also have a professional photography company? Just curious...

Rick

digitalfx -

I haven't emailed him so I don't know for sure, but I think he is selling an App. Although, he didn't shoot the App commercial from the right side of the iPad so we could see the pictures uploading to the iPad, I think he has made a slick app so we don't have to spend a day writing an App ourselves. I'm not sure, but I think this is his business.

Rick