My New Noctilux f0.95, to keep or not to keep

Saad

Saad,

To keep you posted, I ended up buying a second-hand 0.95 because the price was too good to refuse! I cannot wait until next week when it arrives. Again, thanks so much for all the shots and advice.

Tri

Can I ask where you found the used 0.95

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Saad,

I have been checking everyday for the whole week! Finally, one came up at $7,050 from France and I jumped on it since I was willing to pay about $5,500 for an f/1 version. Now, the hard part will be to take my wife out for a great dinner and confess:rolleyes:!!!

Saad,

The money will be quickly forgotten.

The pictures will be treasured for a long time.;)

I completely agree. Keep it. Every lens I've ever parted with I regret, with the exception of my first Canon SLR lens. That was garbage and I didn't know better.

I don't always use my Noct due to weight, but it's a gem and some of my favorite photos are with it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I completely agree. Keep it. Every lens I've ever parted with I regret, with the exception of my first Canon SLR lens. That was garbage and I didn't know better.

I don't always use my Noct due to weight, but it's a gem and some of my favorite photos are with it.

[ATTACH]365987[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I love my Noctilux, it creates the most unique images I've ever seen. The bokeh at .95 is surreal.

However, I'm selling mine. For the photos I take, f5.6-8 is preferable. I rarely have need for f1.4, let alone f.95. And It's just too heavy and expensive to carry around and focusing at .95 is extremely challenging. It's been sitting in my safe for too long. If I had unlimited funds I'd be fine only taking it out on the rare occasion to take some surreal fine art shots at .95, or just marvel at it's mechanic perfection. But I don't.

And with the continuing increase in high ISO performance, fast glass is going to become less of a necessity.

The Sydney Gumtree site was offering a 2011 0.95 Noctilux (with sn quoted) for $4300AUD confessing it was a 'reasonable' price.

When I emailed the vendor that I was interested in buying ASAP if 'all was in order' and to explain why the images were from a NYC camera dealer and to contact me, the ad was pulled within hours!

What a shame!

What a surprise...not

:D:D:D