Leica R & M and other "legacy" glass on Fuji X-E1

bill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Those of you interested in such things are welcome to have a look here: Fuji X-E1 and legacy lenses - a set on Flickr When I get the time and the weather in the next week or so I will do the rest of my collection of lenses which will include the 5cm and 3.5cm Elmars as well as Nikon glass.

Regards,

Bill

• Like 2

I was looking at this camera at the Focus exhibition last week, and tried the manual focus with the Fuji lenses, with the 35/1.4 it was easy enough but the 28/2 was a lot more difficult! Too much depth of field. Are the lenses with 'proper' focussing mounts easier?

Most reviews and comments talk of colour (and sharpness?) problems in the corners with the Fuji sensors and wide M mount lenses, I would be interested in your experience with the 15mm Heliar.

I was hoping to 'play' with the Nex-6, and ask about GXR plans, but neither Sony nor Ricoh/Pentax were there, you can't ask the dealers there to get stuff out to demo really, there are queues of people wanting to spend money!

Gerry

That's interesting Bill, is it working out for you and how does it compare to using the GXR?

Steve, I will be honest and say I would like focus peaking but I am finding it easier than I thought, and improving with practice.

Regards,

Bill

• Like 1

Ignore that second link, I've put them all in one set for completeness.

The GXR is great to use, and produces excellent results, but it is not an M. The X-E1 is very similar to the old Digilux 2 in use.

Regards,

Bill