DL6 vs. DL4; Time to upgrade?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My teenage kids are about to take a foreign exchange trip to France at different times this year and both want to take my DL4. I used the DL4 on a trip to France in 2008 and was very satisfied with the results. So, I am using this as an opportunity to possibly upgrade to the DL6 and just give the DL4 over to my kids.

I've read on the forum of previous DL4 users who upgraded to the DL6 and were very pleased with their decision.

Thoughts from previous DL4 users now DL6 owners would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I also have a X1 and D2 although I use the D2 rarely these days. Too bad as the D2 is totally pristine with a replaced sensor.

I upgraded from a D-Lux 5 to the 6, so for me it would be a no brainier to use the excuse of giving the 4 to the kids for their trip. Hey, you are just being a good dad ;).

http://www.reddotforum.com/content.php/299-Leica-D-Lux-6-Review-A-solid-improvement-over-the-D-Lux-5

You can also, of course, choose to go the Panasonic route and save some $ on the upgrade.

Nice review. Thanks.

I actually owned the LX-7 for a day and I swear there was something wrong with it. The images just weren't sharp, so I returned it to Amazon. I also didn't care for the JPGs on the LX-7; possibly related to the previous issue.