Black Leica dot for M 240?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Easy enough to pry off the old one, take an impression in wax or similar, cast a copy in resin and paint it up. No special tools needed.

I have a mind to get my casting mates in the jewellery quarter to do one in solid gold .... just to appal those of you with a nervous disposition.....

.... well a Leica IS bling, after all....:D

Easy enough to pry off the old one, take an impression in wax or similar, cast a copy in resin and paint it up. No special tools needed.

I have a mind to get my casting mates in the jewellery quarter to do one in solid gold .... just to appal those of you with a nervous disposition.....

.... well a Leica IS bling, after all....:D

Hey Fab - please could you get them to knock up a couple of M sized ones as well. I'm sure you can make a killing here!

:)

I wouldn't, Jono. That prototype will have collector value.

HI Ian

Easy enough to put a red dot back on it again (much easier than getting my name off it :) . I'm sure it'll be back in Solms again before I've finished with it (it really is a working camera).

The top plate says 'M8' rather than 'M9' Interestingly - when I sent it back for the sapphire glass upgrade, the Customer services told me it was really used looking, and wouldn't I rather change the top-plate as well :eek:

• Like 1

Is it true that the red dot on the new M is illuminated? I understand that the led for the frame lines also lights up the red dot.

Actually the dot blinks at 20Hz, and the speaker shouts, "schau mich an".

(Is there a speaker in the M?)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has nothing to do with the poor 99%. I just think the black logo looks better on the black M.

I'm sure u don't mean to, but somehow this seems a little offensive to me.

Most rich people I know have no idea what a leica is and see my M9P as an old film camera.

I'm sure u don't mean to, but somehow this seems a little offensive to me.

Most rich people I know have no idea what a leica is and see my M9P as an old film camera.

I read the "poor" here to mean "unfortunate" in the sense of not having heard of Leica. Not "poor" as in "impoverished". It was a playful reference to folk who don't share our obsession, surely? ;)

put in an old 10mm black dot, center it carefully then fill in the remaining 2mm with hot black wax, buff to a shine & voila..!! seriously, be patient, as aftermarket black dots will surely appear from some enterprising fellow before very long..

• Like 1

put in an old 10mm black dot, center it carefully then fill in the remaining 2mm with hot black wax, buff to a shine & voila..!! seriously, be patient, as aftermarket black dots will surely appear from some enterprising fellow before very long..

That's actually a really good idea... I can't stand the size of the new dot so maybe I will order the 10mm black dot and find a nifty way to fill in the remaining 2mm. I don't think I'll be using wax though. I'll let you all know the results after I get my camera.

I can't stand the size of the new dot so maybe I will order the 10mm black dot and find a nifty way to fill in the remaining 2mm. I don't think I'll be using wax though. I'll let you all know the results after I get my camera.

Once you’ve got your camera, just spend a few day taking photographs. Then think again whether the size and colour of the dot is really bothering you. Chances are you will find that you’ve stopped worrying.

Once you’ve got your camera, just spend a few day taking photographs. Then think again whether the size of the red dot is really bothering you. Chances are you will find that you’ve stopped worrying.

No one is "worried" about the dot and yes I will obviously take a butt load of photos (and video). It's about DIY and making something your own. I do this with most things I own. Customizing my car an sowing an inside pocket in my jacket. People style their hair, wear their favorite shirt. As I can tell from your picture you do none of these things. Just dull and basic. Boring really.

Once you’ve got your camera, just spend a few day taking photographs. Then think again whether the size and colour of the dot is really bothering you. Chances are you will find that you’ve stopped worrying.

And yes. The HUGE red dot on the front of a black camera will always bother me.

Never liked those ridiculous things. First thing i did 30 years ago was to remove it out of my M4-2. This advertising gadget was shocking after the sobriety of the M4. Was easy to remove though as the logo was simply stuck on the vulcanite. As bad taste as those ridiculous stars on MB cars if you ask me. RR's spirit of extasy can be retracted at least.

Never liked those ridiculous things. First thing i did 30 years ago was to remove it out of my M4-2. This advertising gadget was shocking after the sobriety of the M4. Was easy to remove though as the logo was simply stuck on the vulcanite. As bad taste as those ridiculous stars on MB cars if you ask me. RR's spirit of extasy can be retracted at least.

I wouldn't know about the RR ornament, but the MB at least shows me where the center of the car is, so I can line it up with the road stripe. :). The BMW being flat is less functional.