M240 Tripod Mount

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Didn't think to check the other day when I had a brief opportunity to test out the M but,

after the fact, got to thinking about the new tripod mount.

Given that the mount is now on the body proper and the bottom camera plate slips over

this mount it would appear that those of us who regularly use our cameras on tripod heads

using quick release plates we will have to remove the plate each time we need to access

either battery and SD card.

Did I miss something here or is this the case?

Mark

The battery lasts forever, comparing to M9, so I think you can shoot for a whole day on a single battery.

If you need to remove SD card, you can remove the plastic seal that closes the cut out in the bottom plate. The cut out is exactly on the SD slot.

I imagine the cut out was intended to allow the use of wi-fi cards, but it could work also for you.

The more I use the M the more I realize how good it was engineered

Later, when I arrive home (now I'm resting after a day on the slopes) I post some pics from the Alps.

I'm very impressed by the dinamic range.

Forget about the baseplate and have a look at the capabilities of the new sensor.

It is that good.

Franco

• Like 1

Mark, you would definitely have to take of the QR plate before taking off the bottom plate. After picking up the camera yesterday at Jeans and out walking all day and playing around with it I still have 3 out of 5 bars of power left. I only took about 100 shots but lots of chimping, playing with eve etc. I will get a 2nd battery but don't think I will need the 4 or 5 like I did with the M8/9.

Edited by canlogic
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Questions for our friends with the M, no doubt the quick release plate will have to be removed to access the battery and SD card with the standard base plate, like wise the M grip would have to be removed for the same access, the question is, with a quick release plate firmly attached to the M grip, is it possible to remove the M grip without also removing the quick release plate? Thanks

To the best of my knowledge, having spoken with RRS some months ago, there will be a base L bracket and grip coming for the M240 camera. But, with the cameras in such short supply, I would expect that it will be sometime before this becomes available. RRS will need a camera body to design and then manufacture the L bracket and grip. Once they have the camera and the design, I believe that it normally takes RRS 4 to 6 weeks before these new items become available.

Rich

Edited by naturephoto1

Guest tanks
I bought a "normal" RRS base plate for my QR ball head. The RRS part number is MPR-1b. It just slightly shorter than the M9 RRS base plate with hand grip and L bracket attached.

And that works with the M?