New M avail. field testing at StephensPhotoCentre

dkCambridgeshire

This could be one of the demo ones, they seem to be moving between the various people.

I wonder if they're going to dribble them out to shops as they're made, or stockpile a few so they can ship a lot at once (e.g. like new tablets and phones).

Sods law says that they will start shipping while I'm on holiday :)

- Steve

I called into see David Stephens this afternoon. He advised that other UK dealers will also have demo days it's just that he got to the pass first.

He is hoping to see real product to sell in March.

So maybe he will have a demo camera available at the Leica Society AGM weekend in Bath in April.

dunk

You do wonder what it is that is now holding up release of the camera. If there are demo cameras available - which suggests development is complete - and Leica has been making them since September why aren't the stockpiled cameras immediately available?

Far be it from me to be a conspiratorialist but could there be a hardware re-work going on which prevents volume shipment and instead only a limited number of demo cameras?

Far be it from me to be a conspiratorialist but could there be a hardware re-work going on which prevents volume shipment and instead only a limited number of demo cameras?

And if there is, that will be fine. Last thing we need is to pay 1,300 Euro to upgrade from Leica M to Leica M.2 some time later :).

Anyone know if it's only on the 1st in Manchester? We're going "North" this weekend and I've made arrangements to see David on Saturday.

I said I wouldn't, but I may ...... put my name on the list for an M that is.

Cheers, Tom

Anyone know if it's only on the 1st in Manchester? We're going "North" this weekend and I've made arrangements to see David on Saturday.

I said I wouldn't, but I may ...... put my name on the list for an M that is.

Cheers, Tom

Sorry, just answered my own question. Looked on the website and it is Friday and Saturday.

Cheers, Tom

I am sitting here at home with the new M beside me on the desk. It will be in RDC tomorrow morning, a little after opening time - so don't all rush. I have an immediately favourable first impression, comfortable in the hand but quite heavy - must be the battery which is quite a bit larger.

• Like 3