ACR and Lightroom Release Candidate 4.4 Support for M240

AlanJW

Advertisement (gone after registration)

All DNGs that have been reviewed so far have not had the benefit of a proper profile from Adobe for use in ACR (or from any other raw developer for that matter). But wouldn't a profile created with a Colorchecker Passport tell us more? And avoid having to wait for Adobe to get its act together? Is this forbidden by the NDA? If not perhaps someone could give it a try. Am I missing something here? Sounds too easy.

Guest WPalank
All DNGs that have been reviewed so far have not had the benefit of a proper profile from Adobe for use in ACR (or from any other raw developer for that matter). But wouldn't a profile created with a Colorchecker Passport tell us more? And avoid having to wait for Adobe to get its act together? Is this forbidden by the NDA? If not perhaps someone could give it a try. Am I missing something here? Sounds too easy.

Patience is a virtue. ;)

Guest WPalank

Can one of the mods please explain why one of my posts was deleted? I see one lurking and suspect it is he. Or did it just vanish in to thin air.

I do not see a PM the mods button BTW and there are several.

I guess it is Stu who is the only one that sends a PM to explain why.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Maybe Leica is still tinkering colors for their final firmware and the profile in LR 4.4 is the same as the one hard coded in the images from earlier firmwares? Just thinking out loud.

In looking at the samples that have been made available, I can't see any real improvement other than the lens profile correction. However the color rendition appears to be about the same.

Can one of the mods please explain why one of my posts was deleted? I see one lurking and suspect it is he. Or did it just vanish in to thin air.

I do not see a PM the mods button BTW and there are several.

I guess it is Stu who is the only one that sends a PM to explain why.

I cannot see any of your posts that have been deleted.

You can PM ALL the Mods and Admin simultaneously by using the warning triangle button, to the left of every post

In looking at the samples that have been made available, I can't see any real improvement other than the lens profile correction. However the color rendition appears to be about the same.

I can see clear differences in the blues and reds. Most noticeable in the color of the ears of the jazz musician in Chris' image.

It's subtle, but a definite improvement. I'm very encouraged and SO looking forward to getting my own production version.

The examples below might show it. SET 1 FIRST is the Embedded profile, SECOND is the new Adobe Standard profile corrected for the M-240 (son and grandson, so just a family snap)... SET 2 - same sequence. This time a shot from a new production of L'Elisir d'Amore at the King's Head Theatre in London. I've also posted a DNG on my Dropbox if anyone one wants to play with this. NOTE this image is ISO 3200 - no complaints from where I stand.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/862415/L1002062.dng

Have fun...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by chris_tribble
  • Like 3

I can see clear differences in the blues and reds. Most noticeable in the color of the ears of the jazz musician in Chris' image.

Agreed - it's MUCH better controlled. The light in the Jazz image is still a pig (but it would have been for anything). Also, I'm not sure if it's wishful thinking, but the banding issue looks much less noticeable in this issue with the corrected profile. Interesting and encouraging.

I do not like this color rendering, very Japanese I think is the effect of the CMOS.

Thanks for sharing.

Hmmm - when I compare M9 with these, I'm really unclear about what you're seeing... Also, evaluating CMOS vs CCD on the strength of these small JPEGs is probably not the best methodology...

Jaap - you're absolutely right - I'd forgotten I'd adjusted the colour settings to try to render the image acceptably. My apologies.

With zeroed colour settings the contrast between Embedded and Adobe Standard is VERY noticeable. The ones posted here are the original image (with the best WB I could get given the lighting). FIRST is with the Embedded profile. SECOND is with the new profile. A striking contrast. NB - obviously we're talking about skin tones under very complex mixed lighting.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8