M240 issues from reviews (patience is a virtue)

enboe

Well, this is my first post here on this forum.

But I've been reading it for quite awhile.

Having seen all the samples presented so far, I presume that I not only keep my m9, but I'll be much more carefull about it to ensure it stays alive till the next generation of truly leica come to life.

There is no difference from canon/Nikon in the samples online. You can surely make the same pictures with a number of cameras. IMHO.

This is terrible.

Keep the m9 forever!

+1!

Interesting how quickly photographers form an opinion and what it is based on: for example Winginkris has shot 20 images with an M9 and uses that experience to compare with images from the M 240 posted on the internet he did not shoot himself.

Could it really be that simple?

And sorry but I don't see character in m240 files.

You missed the last sentence of my prior response regarding the still preliminary M files, which Jaap better summarized in the post following yours.

But, even at this premature stage, I'll safely bet a fortune that eventually there will be many prints from M files that will have lots of 'character,' and a whole bunch that will not, just like pics from most any camera. And the photographer will largely provide the difference, with countless variables involved. Funny how some things don't change much.

Jeff