Experience with Delkin Dual Universal Charger

Jerren

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Long story short, my 1 year old son started walking a few months ago and he thinks he's the garbage man. He walks around the house pushing the office trashcan around and he puts any and everything into it. I'm afraid he may have put my charger in there (it disappeared) and it is now forever lost.

So now I need a new charger and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Delkin Dual Universal Charger. Does it work well for charging factory Leica M8 batteries? I understand it requires a plate to work with it.

I have just bought one, used it once and it seems fine. Haven't travelled with it yet though.

I keep it in a drawer when not in use. I suggest you do the same, or change your son!

Edited by wda
  • Like 1

Works fine with Leica, Canon and Nikon plates in my experience. Only con is the power unit adds some bulk to the package but otherwise no problem at all.

I actually shoot with my m8 and 5dIII and if my older son is with me he has a rebel xt. So its possible that having just the one delkin charger with the plates may actually save some space/bulk for me right? I ordered a few days ago and it should be arriving today.

I actually shoot with my m8 and 5dIII and if my older son is with me he has a rebel xt. So its possible that having just the one delkin charger with the plates may actually save some space/bulk for me right? I ordered a few days ago and it should be arriving today.

I laughed (at myself) when I read this Jerren. I'm so paranoid about a possible failure of the Belkin putting me out of business when traveling that I carry it plus the primary chargers for the camera bodies that I have on the trip. That said, I've been using the Belkin for 3-4 years both traveling and as my only charger here at home with no problems.

Later,

Johnny

• 2 months later...

A further advantage with the Delkin charger. While it is bulky, it will charge third party batteries for the M8 without need of fully discharging them as is necessary with the OEM Leica charger. That is a big plus.:)

A further advantage with the Delkin charger. While it is bulky, it will charge third party batteries for the M8 without need of fully discharging them...

Interesting indeed. What model do you use? With mine, all my third party batteries need to be fully discharged before recharging them, failing which i get false meter readings on the camera.