Advertisement (gone after registration)

What kind of...:confused:

see Rare LEICA BLACK M2 w/ NY Motor | eBay

1-impossible to see the feed

2-impossible to see Diesen Verkäufer speichern

3-impossible to see Andere Artikel dieses Verkäufersanzeigen

From the page it's impossible to go back to the previous...seems stuck

any ideas?

Yes, something is definitely amiss..... Very difficult to find out anything about the seller and the webpage does indeed behave in a weird way. Just a guess - does it have anything to do with the request for buyers to be pre-approved and 'unapproved' buers getting only limited access?

What I did find out - seller is registered in Germany, item is stated to be in Spain (Toledo) and the auction runs on eBay Ireland. I did manage to find other items but again - incomplete information, just the M2. I did however use eBay's search tools and searched for the seller's username - at first I ran into Germany's privacy laws but eventually found that he/she is also selling a black M3.

It is impossible to access the feedback page from the link provided above but, I managed to get into it through eBay.com. No previous sales or purchases of camera gear, just a couple of skateboards and an old Lancia Fulvia......

Something is rotten.......

Cheers,

Jan

• Like 2

It's still there. Don't know if I have the right terminology, but the web page has what I would call a 'double scroll screen", or 1 screen within another. There are more pictures available on the inner. I would take bets though, that it has been repainted (even the take-up spool).

Edited by iphoenix
Extra detail.

It's still there. Don't know if I have the right terminology, but the web page has what I would call a 'double scroll screen", or 1 screen within another. There are more pictures available on the inner. I would take bets though, that it has been repainted (even the take-up spool).

Looks even too fine, indeed... :rolleyes:... s/n is correct, but no surprise of this... let's say that, at least, is an item worth to be carefully inspected...

This auction is a really sophisticated fraud. When I open the page from my cache, it first pops up with a different user name (fulvia1974), then within a split second, it changes to another user name (bernhardklinkhammer).

Additionally, and that is really scary - one cannot report the auction to eBay via the regular reporting tool in the auction, because once one tries, the auction number changes from 121066733271 to 121086733271. eBay will not allow the auction to be reported as fraud, because the '086' auction "does not exist".

I did however, manage to find another reporting tool on eBay - one that is not linked to an auction page and reported the one with no. 121066733271.

Mod's please note that I am posting the user names only to identify a potential fraud and to avoid any from our members being burnt.....

This is a very, very, sophisticated fraud........

Be warned!

Jan

• Like 6